Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In-State College Tuition for Illegal Immigrants

103 posts in this topic

Posted

Not really, their quality of life is still vastly better here than it is wherever they came from.

that's a gross generalization and you will find no evidence that it applies to a significant portion of the illegal immigrant population. actually many of them are quite literally slaves,

link?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/13/AR2007111301834.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

appropriate pdfs are found in that article if you want to dig.

Posted

I hope we get in to the BS myth of the disappearing middle class now.

Hint: they are disappearing, the pseudointellectual libs just don't tell you WHERE they went.

Posted

that's a gross generalization and you will find no evidence that it applies to a significant portion of the illegal immigrant population. actually many of them are quite literally slaves,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/13/AR2007111301834.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

appropriate pdfs are found in that article if you want to dig.

Talk about gross generalizations! "For two years, federal prosecutors claim, Vargas, along with Cesar, Geovanni, Jose, Villhina and Ismael Navarrete held more than a dozen people as slaves on their property. They made them sleep in box trucks and shacks, charged them for food and showers, didn't pay them for picking produce and beat them if they tried to leave."

Doesn't sound like it to me. I understand this is not a completely isolated case, but it's not an epidemic. I can walk out onto South Blvd and see two dozen illegals driving brand new F-150s.

Posted

Doesn't sound like it to me. I understand this is not a completely isolated case, but it's not an epidemic.

how much slavery is acceptable

I can walk out onto South Blvd and see two dozen illegals driving brand new F-150s.

you can tell they're here illegally by looking at them

Posted

how much slavery is acceptable

None, but that's not the argument, now is it?

you can tell they're here illegally by looking at them

Totally. No self respecting American would buy a Ford truck.

Posted

None, but that's not the argument, now is it?

how can you admit on one hand that it's not an isolated case, yet on the other claim it's not wide spread?

shouldn't you present evidence it's not widespread before you make that claim?

Posted

also you can provide evidence that their life is vastly superior here any time you like.

Posted

Talk about gross generalizations!

Fiz, how can you quote one article online about one group of asshats that kept living people as slaves and claim,

actually many of them are quite literally slaves.

and say that's not a generalization?

Posted

and say that's not a generalization?

many is a relative term, as in "12 slaves is too many."

actually i know that it's a bigger problem than even the article implies. I have many friends that operate travelling free clinics in flyover states where there are essentially no regulations. however these are all stories that aren't reported so I can't link you to anything.

if you like, I guess i could say my word choice exceeded my empirical ability to prove it, but that wasn't a conscious choice on my part.

Posted

how can you admit on one hand that it's not an isolated case, yet on the other claim it's not wide spread?

Just because it's not an isolated occurrence doesn't meant it's widespread.

shouldn't you present evidence it's not widespread before you make that claim?

Shouldn't you?

Posted

i addressed that above.

friendly reminder that the slave anecdote was just a quick retort to your assertion that their lives are VASTLY better here, something you still haven't backed up. or are you just going to burden of proof me that their lives AREN'T vastly superior?

Posted

many is a relative term, as in "12 slaves is too many."

actually i know that it's a bigger problem than even the article implies. I have many friends that operate travelling free clinics in flyover states where there are essentially no regulations. however these are all stories that aren't reported so I can't link you to anything.

if you like, I guess i could say my word choice exceeded my empirical ability to prove it, but that wasn't a conscious choice on my part.

I actually have no response to this, I'm shocked and amazed at the civility of your response.