102 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

If you would not whine enough for 5 liberals, that might help this perception.

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

If you would not whine enough for 5 liberals, that might help this perception.

I didn't know liberals woke up this early.

#18 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

First, your illegal students should be thrilled they are allowed to attend our crowded public schools for free.

I'm not trying to deny any legal resident an education. Why do people ignore the ILLEGAL part of illegal alien? Why should we reduce the cost of college for one group of people? Do you know how many people that are not US citizens come here to get college educations in the U.S.? Get a student Visa. If we are going to go down this path, I want my son to have the same opportunities. He should be able to attend any school in the U.S. for that schools in-state tuition.

We have a winner folks!!!

For primary and even secondary education I'm willing to look past this fact and allow them in our public schools. I can accept that K-12 they are largely victims of circumstance as their parents brought them here. But when it comes to post-secondary education, whether it be the local community college, the state university, or even the big over endowed private school no residency should equal no admittance. They are by and large adults at that point and their remaining in the country is a big middle finger to our laws and the rest of us.

They are criminals.

They shouldn't get special privileges simply because they broke the law and haven't been caught yet.

#19 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

I just think it's a slap in the face to those students who attended an out-of-state school and now have huge student loans to repay. If the Dream Act passes, I think we should go to every U.S. citizen who attended or is attending an out-of-state school and reduce their loans down to the in-state rate. Only fair right?

#20 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

I know that the conservative bias on this board is pretty high,

:smilielol5: thats awesome

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

I didn't know liberals woke up this early.

Another addition to the enormous list of things you don't know.

#22 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Another addition to the enormous list of things you don't know.

Is this list in addition to the list my wife keeps about me? Or is this a seperate list?

#23 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,891 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

The problem with calling these people criminals and thus discounting their education process is that it isn't so black and white. When you were 17, did you pass a speed limit sign saying 45, looked down at the speedodometer registering 54 and didn't make the effort to slow down? Did you ever egg someone's house? Smoke a joint? Those are definance of the laws that have no constructive (positive) outcome to society in general. Now compare that to a child being placed in a possible hostile environment to cross a border and living in fear of deporation just trying to educate him/herself. How many college kids have you met who were only there to party and flunked out? I knew a lot.

Is an ungrateful citizen really that much more important than a humble illegal? Is being a citizen the see all be all of being able to do things in this country?

#24 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Murph, I'm not saying keep them out of college. I am saying that they shouldn't get in-state tuition if they are illegal and undocumented. Get a student Visa and pay whatever those rates are, or pay out of state tuition. Take out a loan like the rest of America and spend the rest of your life paying it back.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

if they live in a state why should they pay out of state tuition

#26 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

I'll take it a step further and say the illegal aliens shouldn't be here in the first place. They should not get ANY special benefits or treatments. We can't deport them though, we wouldn't have anybody to mow our lawns.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

seriously if they grew up in the state, they were paying taxes in the state, and if they bought a lottery ticket they even paid money directly into education.

if your hang up is that they shouldn't get in state tuition in the state they live in simply because their parents decided to bring them here, you're just advocating unnecessary financial burdens in a legal and admirable path to citizenship.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

furthermore migrant laborers pay tax on a higher percentage of their income than do legal laborers. from that perspective they deserve government subsidized services more than anyone!

#29 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Once they reach the age of majority (18 in the US) they cease to be able to hide behind the fact that their parents brought them here and they themselves become criminals. They are here illegally and should be deported as soon as they identify themselves as such.

I don't believe that ANYONE should be allowed to attend a institution of higher learning whether it be ECPI, CPCC, UNC, or Harvard if they are not residents of this country or have the appropriate immigration documents. What they pay is irrelevant.

#30 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

so if a child is one year old when they're brought into this country through no fault of their own, are completely americanized, pay into the system, are intelligent, speak perfect english, and want to further their education in an effort to become a naturalized citizen, which if you had read what the dream act is actually for you'd understand, too bad?

the dream act stipulates that they get in state tuition because they're trying to become a citizen. if they stop being a student, they lose that path. if they complete their degree and attain that citizenship, in retrospect wasn't it worth it?

do you support them getting free food, housing, clothing, and job training, plus at the least HEAVILY subsidized education (far more than simple in state tuition, with the exception of states like georgia, florida, california etc) if they choose to become a soldier for three years in an effort to become a naturalized citizen? seems like that would be a much larger financial drain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.