102 replies to this topic

#76 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Doesn't sound like it to me. I understand this is not a completely isolated case, but it's not an epidemic.

how much slavery is acceptable

I can walk out onto South Blvd and see two dozen illegals driving brand new F-150s.

you can tell they're here illegally by looking at them

#77 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

how much slavery is acceptable

None, but that's not the argument, now is it?

you can tell they're here illegally by looking at them

Totally. No self respecting American would buy a Ford truck.

#78 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

None, but that's not the argument, now is it?

how can you admit on one hand that it's not an isolated case, yet on the other claim it's not wide spread?

shouldn't you present evidence it's not widespread before you make that claim?

#79 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

also you can provide evidence that their life is vastly superior here any time you like.

#80 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Talk about gross generalizations!

Fiz, how can you quote one article online about one group of asshats that kept living people as slaves and claim,

actually many of them are quite literally slaves.

and say that's not a generalization?

#81 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

and say that's not a generalization?

many is a relative term, as in "12 slaves is too many."

actually i know that it's a bigger problem than even the article implies. I have many friends that operate travelling free clinics in flyover states where there are essentially no regulations. however these are all stories that aren't reported so I can't link you to anything.

if you like, I guess i could say my word choice exceeded my empirical ability to prove it, but that wasn't a conscious choice on my part.

#82 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

how can you admit on one hand that it's not an isolated case, yet on the other claim it's not wide spread?

Just because it's not an isolated occurrence doesn't meant it's widespread.

shouldn't you present evidence it's not widespread before you make that claim?

Shouldn't you?

#83 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

i addressed that above.

friendly reminder that the slave anecdote was just a quick retort to your assertion that their lives are VASTLY better here, something you still haven't backed up. or are you just going to burden of proof me that their lives AREN'T vastly superior?

#84 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

actually i know that it's a bigger problem than even the article implies. I have many friends that operate travelling free clinics in flyover states where there are essentially no regulations. however these are all stories that aren't reported so I can't link you to anything.

if you like, I guess i could say my word choice exceeded my empirical ability to prove it, but that wasn't a conscious choice on my part.

I actually have no response to this, I'm shocked and amazed at the civility of your response.

#85 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

You do that a lot.

#86 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

You do that a lot.

then it should be easy for you to find another example of me unintentionally basing a description on anecdotal observation instead of easily citable statistical information.

#87 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Ok I'm just going to take the plunge and go for the extreme example...

So should we let a known and self confessed drug dealing pederast rapist attend a local community college at the in state tuition level as long as he has lived in in the community for more than 1 year? Or do you think we ought to throw his ass in jail?

I'm going to vote for the jail option. Likewise I'm voting to deport the criminals who are in the country in violation of every immigration law.

#88 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

i addressed that above.

friendly reminder that the slave anecdote was just a quick retort to your assertion that their lives are VASTLY better here, something you still haven't backed up. or are you just going to burden of proof me that their lives AREN'T vastly superior?

But logically a person would leave a lesser state of well being for one that would be considered at the very least better, no?

Relativity.

So your argument is with the word vastly, I'd wager.

k

#89 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

But logically a person would leave a lesser state of well being for one that would be considered at the very least better, no?

yes, but the assumption that they all live that way ignores the SCORES of people scpanther apparently deals with, who crowd into a house, send all their money back, and don't spend a dime on themselves.

So your argument is with the word vastly, I'd wager.

k

i can see why someone like you would think that.

#90 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

also you can provide evidence that their life is vastly superior here any time you like.

Where in this thread did I ever assert their lives are vastly better here? You're the one throwing that word around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.