Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CB's in next years Draft.

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CB isn't as dire of a need as it was at the beginning of the season. But if Claiborne is availabe when our pick comes up we have to take him. He's looking like a shutdown CB.

You think he's a bigger shutdown corner than Janoris?

Posted · Report post

To me, Claiborne looks like more of an NFL shutdown corner. Jenkins doesn't look like an NFL player, he looks too small and like a bobble head doll. I know his measurements aren't that tiny, but he just looks too skinny. Not to mention all the off-field concerns.

Posted · Report post

Yeah his size is a question mark to some but that's what makes it more impressive. Jenkins's performance last year against Green, Jones, and Jeffery who all are bigger than him, was something to watch.

Claiborne might look the part but that doesn't always equate. Not saying Morris won't be good, actually think he'll be a good pro, but rather measurables aren't always something you can point to to dismiss somebody.

Posted · Report post

Its way to early for predictions really but as it stands I don't think it will be either a WR or a CB in the 1st. Its either going to be a DT or LB IMO. Burfict/Teo/Brown most likely or some DT that blows up this year.

Posted · Report post

Yeah it doesn't seem like a particular DT is outshining the others. I guess maybe Thompson from Clemson. Worthy is not having the greatest of years although many saw and still do see him as the best DT.

I possibly see us taking a CB but really don't see us taking a WR. I have changed my stance on who I think is the best WR. Last year I was all over Jeffery but now the more I watch Blackmon the more I see a complete WR. Take away the receiving part, Justin Blackmon can block well for a WR.

Posted · Report post

Claiborne is looking like he might be a top 7 pick. I don't think hes available when we pick. He has smooth hips, great ball skills, great feet, great speed and hes physical...hes the total package.

Posted · Report post

Its way to early for predictions really but as it stands I don't think it will be either a WR or a CB in the 1st. Its either going to be a DT or LB IMO. Burfict/Teo/Brown most likely or some DT that blows up this year.

If a DT is going to blow up, their time is running out...no one has looked spectacular and the season is half over. Thompson has probably looked the best and he just looks solid, not top half of the 1st round worthy. Wouldn't want a LB in the top half of the 1st round either. If we're gonna take one of those positions, we better be trading down into the mid 20s.

Posted · Report post

If a DT is going to blow up, their time is running out...no one has looked spectacular and the season is half over. Thompson has probably looked the best and he just looks solid, not top half of the 1st round worthy. Wouldn't want a LB in the top half of the 1st round either. If we're gonna take one of those positions, we better be trading down into the mid 20s.

True. This draft is shaping up to suck big time. Depends on where we pick 10-15 one of the LB's makes sense, top 10 who the hell knows at this point. It won't be a WR I am reasonably sure (as sure as you can be in Oct) of that.

DT is by far our greatest need and I don't see one prospect I would give a 1st round grade on. As you said maybe Thompson but I really don't see him being anything more then above average. Burfict/Teo/Brown could be beasts which is why I am leaning that way.

Posted · Report post

If we have a top 12 pick I hope Claiborne will be available. If we trade down I would take any of Zach Brown, Jerel Worthy, Brandon Thompson, CB (too many), Michael Floyd (doubt it), or an OL if it's the BPA.

Posted · Report post

I don't know if Brown goes in the top 12, but right now that's where he grades out too. As for DT, there's only a few that will go in the first round. I think WR is deep and there are quite a few 3-5 round guys that would normally go in the 2nd round at WR. CB is the same way and has plenty of depth in this draft. If you go based on talent in the draft and team needs, the first round pick will most likely be an OLB. Zach Brown will end up going in the top 12-15 and maybe higher. I'm not sure how the team feels about Davis, but I think they have to take someone to fill his role no matter what.

Posted · Report post

I just can't see a 4-3 WLB going too high. They seem to slip a lot in the draft.

Posted · Report post

I want Zach Brown in the first, top FS in the second.