#31 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Harris has been suspended again by UO coach Chip Kelly

Harris was cited by Eugene Police for driving with a suspended license, driving while uninsured and failure to wear a seatbelt. Harris was pulled over after being seen driving without a seatbelt by an officer assigned to traffic duty at the intersection of Hilyard Street and East Broadway near campus, according to an EPD spokeswoman.

http://www2.register...this-afternoon/

#32 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

our CBs have picked up their game, and depending on how Hogan plays, I think our first should go towards DL/OL depending on who is available.

I think CB is still an overall team need though. Gamble isn't getting younger. If we could snag someone good in the 2nd I would like that. Depends how the draft falls.

#33 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, I honestly don't think CB is a position we need to address unless things change. Butler has played well and Hogan should at least be a solid #3.

#34 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

I definitely agree it has fallen from our #1 need (in my original opinion) but if Cliff Harris is there with our 2nd I sure hope we take him.

#35 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

CB isn't as dire of a need as it was at the beginning of the season. But if Claiborne is availabe when our pick comes up we have to take him. He's looking like a shutdown CB.

#36 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Yeah i dont think it is a huge need anymore, but if we take a corner in the first i wouldnt have problem with it but then again it would be kinda disappointing because it would probably mean Captain is gone.

#37 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

CB isn't as dire of a need as it was at the beginning of the season. But if Claiborne is availabe when our pick comes up we have to take him. He's looking like a shutdown CB.

You think he's a bigger shutdown corner than Janoris?

#38 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

To me, Claiborne looks like more of an NFL shutdown corner. Jenkins doesn't look like an NFL player, he looks too small and like a bobble head doll. I know his measurements aren't that tiny, but he just looks too skinny. Not to mention all the off-field concerns.

#39 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Yeah his size is a question mark to some but that's what makes it more impressive. Jenkins's performance last year against Green, Jones, and Jeffery who all are bigger than him, was something to watch.

Claiborne might look the part but that doesn't always equate. Not saying Morris won't be good, actually think he'll be a good pro, but rather measurables aren't always something you can point to to dismiss somebody.

#40 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Its way to early for predictions really but as it stands I don't think it will be either a WR or a CB in the 1st. Its either going to be a DT or LB IMO. Burfict/Teo/Brown most likely or some DT that blows up this year.

#41 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yeah it doesn't seem like a particular DT is outshining the others. I guess maybe Thompson from Clemson. Worthy is not having the greatest of years although many saw and still do see him as the best DT.

I possibly see us taking a CB but really don't see us taking a WR. I have changed my stance on who I think is the best WR. Last year I was all over Jeffery but now the more I watch Blackmon the more I see a complete WR. Take away the receiving part, Justin Blackmon can block well for a WR.

#42 dc6738549

dc6738549

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Claiborne is looking like he might be a top 7 pick. I don't think hes available when we pick. He has smooth hips, great ball skills, great feet, great speed and hes physical...hes the total package.

#43 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Its way to early for predictions really but as it stands I don't think it will be either a WR or a CB in the 1st. Its either going to be a DT or LB IMO. Burfict/Teo/Brown most likely or some DT that blows up this year.

If a DT is going to blow up, their time is running out...no one has looked spectacular and the season is half over. Thompson has probably looked the best and he just looks solid, not top half of the 1st round worthy. Wouldn't want a LB in the top half of the 1st round either. If we're gonna take one of those positions, we better be trading down into the mid 20s.

#44 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

If a DT is going to blow up, their time is running out...no one has looked spectacular and the season is half over. Thompson has probably looked the best and he just looks solid, not top half of the 1st round worthy. Wouldn't want a LB in the top half of the 1st round either. If we're gonna take one of those positions, we better be trading down into the mid 20s.

True. This draft is shaping up to suck big time. Depends on where we pick 10-15 one of the LB's makes sense, top 10 who the hell knows at this point. It won't be a WR I am reasonably sure (as sure as you can be in Oct) of that.

DT is by far our greatest need and I don't see one prospect I would give a 1st round grade on. As you said maybe Thompson but I really don't see him being anything more then above average. Burfict/Teo/Brown could be beasts which is why I am leaning that way.

#45 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

If we have a top 12 pick I hope Claiborne will be available. If we trade down I would take any of Zach Brown, Jerel Worthy, Brandon Thompson, CB (too many), Michael Floyd (doubt it), or an OL if it's the BPA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com