Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers claim another NT Frank Kearse

260 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

BenVolinPBP Benjamin Volin
by caplannfl
Just got off the phone with NT Frank Kearse, who was claimed by the #Panthers tonight after being cut by the #Dolphins yesterday

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/6733/Frank-Kearse[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Any relation to Jevon?

Posted · Report post

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6733/frank-kearse[/url]

[QUOTE]Positives: Tall, strong tackle with potential as a nose tackle at the next level despite playing three-technique in college. Can be explosive off the snap, getting a nice push when his coming low from his stance, and has the balance to spin off blocks and the mobility to move laterally in short areas. Good hustle to the ball, competes every snap when rested. His height and length make it difficult for quarterbacks to throw over him.

Negatives: Plays too tall at times, allowing lineman to get their hands into his jersey to stand him up. Only adequate finding the ball in the backfield. A bit heavy-footed, lacks great closing speed to make plays outside the box. Stamina may be an issue when going up against stronger lineman at the next level.

--Chad Reuter

Career Notes
Kearse complied 122 tackles, five passes defended, three forced fumbles, two fumbles recovered, a block kick, 7 sacks for 35 yards and 2 interceptions in 44 career games played.

2010 Season
Started all 11 games in 2010 … second on the team with 57 total tackles/30 solo … 14 tackles for loss … 1 sack … 2 forced fumbles.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1753772[/url]

Posted · Report post

Found this on him.

Hes 6'4 315lbs

[QUOTE]Positives: Tall, strong tackle with potential as a nose tackle at the next level despite playing three-technique in college. Can be explosive off the snap, getting a nice push when his coming low from his stance, and has the balance to spin off blocks and the mobility to move laterally in short areas. Good hustle to the ball, competes every snap when rested. His height and length make it difficult for quarterbacks to throw over him.

Negatives: Plays too tall at times, allowing lineman to get their hands into his jersey to stand him up. Only adequate finding the ball in the backfield. A bit heavy-footed, lacks great closing speed to make plays outside the box. Stamina may be an issue when going up against stronger lineman at the next level. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1753772[/url]

Posted · Report post

man you cats must have a twitter feed on the inside of your eye balls cause yall dont miss anything....so whats the word on frank kearse?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

A rookie? Really?

[I]Well that's it Ron..I'm sick of working. I tried to bring in some obscure terd, and he went and got all fat on me. Now I'm forced to have to sign a relevant player. No. No. I won't. I refuse. Go find me a young nobody with no experience.[/I]

Posted · Report post

Another rookie, strictly depth signing I guess

Posted · Report post

question is... will he pass his physical?

Posted · Report post

If they don't sign a vet this week, I'm gonna question Hurney's mental stability.

Posted · Report post

That's why I couldn't find stats on him yesterday.

:lol: :o

Posted · Report post

I knew we was going to sign a scrub to replace Harrison. The kid has some size. Hopefully he will be decent enough to be our #3 DT.