Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherBrew

Panthers claim another NT Frank Kearse

260 posts in this topic

We must really like him, because he has to be on the roster now.plus guys nobody wants a washed up dt like pat williams, or tommie harris.

Getting rid of Reggie Wells was stupid. The guy played well against the Packers.

Played what? With himself? He was in street clothes on the sideline.

Getting rid of Reggie Wells was stupid. The guy played well against the Packers.

lol

Not sure if serious...

Played what? With himself? He was in street clothes on the sideline.

I was thinking Byron Bell at the time I saw the news.

I think 4 DTs will be active against Jax. Pure and simple, if you stop MJD, the Jags really have no shot. Rotating 4 DTs would give the best chance of doing that.

I think 4 DTs will be active against Jax. Pure and simple, if you stop MJD, the Jags really have no shot. Rotating 4 DTs would give the best chance of doing that.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Also, for all those people grumbling about not getting a vet. The vets out there are there for a reason. If we want any usuable talent grabbing uncovered rookies that might thrive in a different place could be the best option.

Yeah if the DT's are actually capable of doing that and not getting drove back!

• Portland selects Harry Giles rights to Sac
    • This is great!! Congrats Malik!!
    • Scouting report: A player who arguably all season long was the best offensive threat in college basketball sits around the later top ten in almost all draft boards. Monk is easily compared to Jamal Crawford because of his aggressive shooting combined with the ability to score from anywhere. Monk shot a near 40 percent from three while shooting 82 percent from the free throw line in his first year at Kentucky. Monk averaged an SEC second best 19.8 points per game. Monk has a shooting skillset that is needed in the NBA but is hard to find. He has that unconscious shooting stroke which can be Curry like at times. What intrigues scouts the most about Monk is that he is not just a shooter, he plays above the rim and he can guard either the one or the two. Although Monk showed off his high-flying display all year long at Kentucky, it was his defense that stood out the most. His run and gun mentality allows him to jump passing lanes and play in your face defense on almost every possession forcing turnovers and fast break opportunities quite frequently. Monk is a dangerous transition guard who can score in a flurry. With the way that the NBA is going regarding athletic three point shooting guards, Monk would fit well with virtually every team in the NBA and could be used in multiple different lineups. Even though he is a shooter, Monk has the capability of running an offense and getting his teammates open.