• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#16 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I don't get why the media makes such a fuss over teams like Clemson and Kansas losing in their conference tournaments. Both teams are slated for the Big Dance. Who gives a crap about busting ass this week? Save your legs. Let the worthless piles of crap like NCSU and Ga Tech fight their way in. If I were Roy Williams, I'd sit my starters :lol:. You won the regular season. Sit em and get ready for what really matters.

Bobby Knight was on Tirico and Van Pelt this afternoon and they asked him that very question. He said yes as well and even recounted a conference championship where he played 1 starter the whole game and allowed his bench sitters to game experience for the NCAAs...

Me, I'm of the mind win it all, but without Lawson, let the toe rest. I've got a bad big toe right now, I know how it feels...

#17 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

f*cking hell, it's frustrating to be a State fan..

@Uptown, piss off

Also, you realize for teams like Clemson winning games in this tournament can seed you higher in the NCAA tournament, you know, so you play weaker teams? No..that can't be it..

#18 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

Yep, NC State is putrid. Who was it that said Sidney Lowe is doing a good job? If you ask me, he will be lucky to still be there 2 years from now.

#19 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

What channel is the BC/UVA game going to be on???

#20 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Yep, NC State is putrid. Who was it that said Sidney Lowe is doing a good job? If you ask me, he will be lucky to still be there 2 years from now.

and of course Herb goes on to get ASU to be a ranked team.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,447 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

It will lose a lot more after UNC bows out tomorrow. Roy and the boys have no interest in being there.

You really think UNC will lose to GT? As much as I hate to watch UNC win, I think I could get over it if I won some money, so I might have to lay a small wager on that one. :)

#22 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

You really think UNC will lose to GT? As much as I hate to watch UNC win, I think I could get over it if I won some money, so I might have to lay a small wager on that one. :)

Carolina plays Va Tech

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,447 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Carolina plays Va Tech

Virginia Tech, Ga Tech, some damn tech.

Did get my tech's mixed up. :)

#24 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Virginia Tech, Ga Tech, some damn tech.

Did get my tech's mixed up. :)

Just wanted to make sure you realized the Heels are not going to give the Yellow Jackets one. Only the Hokies apparently.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,447 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Unlike GT (if they were playing the Heels), I think that VT might actually have a shot at beating UNC. Probably the best shot a team has had to beat UNC in the first round in quite a while.

Not saying they will, only that it wouldn't completely shock me.

#26 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Unlike GT (if they were playing the Heels), I think that VT might actually have a shot at beating UNC. Probably the best shot a team has had to beat UNC in the first round in quite a while.

Yeah, there's a good chance that Lawson will be on the bench anyway, so you're probably right.

#27 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

I'd love to see VT beat UNC. It would mean VT is in the tournament, (brother-in-law is a huge VT fan and I live 30 miles away, so I gotta enjoy when they do well other than against UNC just to live here) and would guarantee a national championship for UNC, (that one last, you can get beat at any time if you're not ready, right before the tournament starts)... :lol:

#28 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

I don't get why the media makes such a fuss over teams like Clemson and Kansas losing in their conference tournaments. Both teams are slated for the Big Dance. Who gives a crap about busting ass this week? Save your legs. Let the worthless piles of crap like NCSU and Ga Tech fight their way in. If I were Roy Williams, I'd sit my starters :lol:. You won the regular season. Sit em and get ready for what really matters.

In Clemson's case, that's a loss before the NCAA tournament to the worst team in the conference. And it's not as if in the recent past they have lost in their conference tournament and went on to have success in the NCAA tournament.

#29 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Man, did you guys just see that play where Carolina blocked a shot out and all the players took off to the other basket - all running right past the ball and nobody went for the ball? Sloppy, their gonna lose without Lawson...

#30 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:37 AM

Told ya'll they didn't care about being here today...No effort at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.