Photo
- - - - -

ACC Tourney

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
144 replies to this topic

#31 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

The Heels played better the last minutes of the 1st half. Ellington is getting hot.:cornut: They need to keep pounding it inside as well. Davis isn't playing too shabby today.

#32 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

I feel very bad for Va. Tech....that jump ball call was bull sh*t...Man oh man.

#33 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Psycho T baby!!!:devil: Green was off today. If he would have made alot of his 3's today this game would have never been a nail biter.

Edited by MarkR73, 13 March 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#34 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

I am glad that this wasn't a Duke game. I couldn't imagine the kind of whining that would be going on if a game was called for Duke in the exact same way that it was just called for UNC.

#35 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

I am glad that this wasn't a Duke game. I couldn't imagine the kind of whining that would be going on if a game was called for Duke in the exact same way that it was just called for UNC.

haha....i mean this place would be in full out panic mode. I understand how players like Tyler and other great players in the conference get calls, but that last one was very very tough to swallow. You feel bad for Va. Tech, because that was their season right there.

#36 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

Greenberg just might kill somebody.

#37 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

I feel very bad for Va. Tech....that jump ball call was bull sh*t...Man oh man.

How can you complain about that call? I thought the officiating was kind of bad both ways, but that one was a pretty good call. Either way though, both teams got away with some stuff, so at least they were fairly consistent. Hell, I counted about 4 walks by VT players that weren't called. You ABCers never seem to see that stuff unless it's Hansbrough.

Anyway, I thought the Tar Heels played about as well as can be expected without Lawson.

That was the most entertaining game in this tournament, by far

#38 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

VA Tech (and Maryland) Better make the NCAA Tournament

#39 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:18 PM

How can you complain about that call? I thought the officiating was kind of bad both ways, but that one was a pretty good call. Either way though, both teams got away with some stuff, so at least they were fairly consistent. Hell, I counted about 4 walks by VT players that weren't called. You ABCers never seem to see that stuff unless it's Hansbrough.

Anyway, I thought the Tar Heels played about as well as can be expected without Lawson.

I am a Duke fan. I cheer against Carolina yes. You are dillusional, if you really think Va. Tech was at a serious disadvantage this entire game, due to some of these calls. Watch the replay on that last jump ball call, Tyler is holding onto the guys stomach and back, no ball.

I just talked to one of my good friends who is a huge Carolina fan, he flat out said, that Va. Tech was screwed and it would suck to be a Hokies fan right now.

Take off the glasses, dont worry about arguing with me, be happy you are moving on.

#40 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

that was not a fuging jump ball. refs 1, unc 0, vt 0

#41 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

omg. take the glasses off. earlier in the half tyler had it jt, had his mitts on it and it was a foul, even after tyler jumped up. either A: its a fuging up and down call or a jump ball then if that last one was. total BS. and walks bahahahahaha tyler did it again dragging that pivot foot under the rim.

no fuging ball all arms grabbed by tyler and he gets a jump ball not a foul. pure bs.

#42 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

I don't know...maybe the slapping and pushing before anyone on UNC even touched the ball?

I never complain about the refs, and honestly, I'm not even saying that the game was called that poorly. What I'm saying is that anytime ANY questionable call happens in a Duke game, there are 30 people on here whining about how Duke gets away with everything.

With Hansbrough, it's so consistent. He's a start in the ACC and is treated as such. A few years ago, people constantly talked about JJ Redick and how he got away with everything. Hansbrough is the exact same way now, because in the eyes of the refs and UNC fans, he never commits a foul and is fouled everytime he touches the ball.

#43 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

Yeah..calls on both sides were horrible today. VT got away with alot as well. How could the ref not see that was CLEARLY goaltending???

#44 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

bad call by the refs with the jumpball.....Does that mean the game was stolen from VT?? No, but they would have had a shot at winning, but I hate having Carolina winning that way

Easiest way of judging if it was a bad call......if Carolina would have been in VT's shoes would you be mad?

I would have been fugin furious

#45 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Time to watch the FSU GT game. Going to be some good close battles here on out in the ACC Tourney this year.;)

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com