Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vick Mentors Cam

118 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Fug, I'm really trying to like Cam and here he is being Vick's pal. Yuck.

If he would have hung up on Vick, Cam would have scored major points with me.

Posted · Report post

dog_fighting.jpg

Posted · Report post

There was a thread on this earlier today.

Predictably, it quickly got pretty contentious and was closed and locked.

Good luck!

Posted · Report post

I generally don't advocate taking advice from convicted felons.

I still think a felony conviction should be an automatic lifetime ban from the NFL. But money trumps leading our youth by example. #smh

Posted · Report post

dog_fighting.jpg

example 1 of why it got closed so quickly

Posted · Report post

i'm outraged

cam should be learning about overcoming adversity and bettering himself from people who have never faced negative public scrutiny and never had to overcome adversity, not from people like mike vick who might know something about it. also i'm pretty upset about a former qb being cam's qb coach; he'd be much better off if we brought in someone who had never touched a football

:cam:

Posted · Report post

I give 110% when it comes to helping my community, even though I occasionally associate with some less than reputable characters.

Posted · Report post

Thanks o_0 that contributed a lot and I would've had no idea what Vick did or that it was bad without you.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

dog_fighting.jpg

Hey you're that guy that goes around the forum looking for attention aren't you?

:cam:

On a side note... don't forget Vick wanted to reignite his career here in Carolina :(

Posted · Report post

That's all we need....a felon talking to the future of our franchise....just hang up Cam; it's a telemarketer

image001.jpg

Posted · Report post

It doesn't seem like a lot of you recognize that the most inspiring and impacting testimony comes from those that have fallen from the greatest heights. I do not personally like Vick all that much, but one can easily see the commonalities that these two share in regards to having minor transgressions in their college careers, being taken first overall in the draft, and being ethnically and athletically unique to their positions and what these two could potentially discuss that nobody else on the planet could discuss.

I hope Vick advised Cam to not make the same mistakes he made coming into the league. I don't think he will as I think that Cam is a better man than Vick was coming into the league, but it never hurts to have a person that has "been there", do the talking instead of all these figures that Cam could never relate to telling them stories like they know what he's feeling right now.

I don't see how anything but positive results could come from this one.

1 person likes this