• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,945 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

Not a very in-depth or informative article, but it says Michael Vick called Cam to offer him advice and this was on ESPN's front page so I thought I would share.

http://espn.go.com/n...es-michael-vick

#2 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

Fug, I'm really trying to like Cam and here he is being Vick's pal. Yuck.

If he would have hung up on Vick, Cam would have scored major points with me.

#3 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

There was a thread on this earlier today.

Predictably, it quickly got pretty contentious and was closed and locked.

Good luck!

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

I generally don't advocate taking advice from convicted felons.

I still think a felony conviction should be an automatic lifetime ban from the NFL. But money trumps leading our youth by example. #smh

#6 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image

example 1 of why it got closed so quickly

#7 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

i'm outraged

cam should be learning about overcoming adversity and bettering himself from people who have never faced negative public scrutiny and never had to overcome adversity, not from people like mike vick who might know something about it. also i'm pretty upset about a former qb being cam's qb coach; he'd be much better off if we brought in someone who had never touched a football

:cam:

#8 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

I give 110% when it comes to helping my community, even though I occasionally associate with some less than reputable characters.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

Thanks o_0 that contributed a lot and I would've had no idea what Vick did or that it was bad without you.

#10 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

Posted Image

Hey you're that guy that goes around the forum looking for attention aren't you?

:cam:

On a side note... don't forget Vick wanted to reignite his career here in Carolina :(

#11 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,913 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

That's all we need....a felon talking to the future of our franchise....just hang up Cam; it's a telemarketer

Posted Image

#12 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

It doesn't seem like a lot of you recognize that the most inspiring and impacting testimony comes from those that have fallen from the greatest heights. I do not personally like Vick all that much, but one can easily see the commonalities that these two share in regards to having minor transgressions in their college careers, being taken first overall in the draft, and being ethnically and athletically unique to their positions and what these two could potentially discuss that nobody else on the planet could discuss.

I hope Vick advised Cam to not make the same mistakes he made coming into the league. I don't think he will as I think that Cam is a better man than Vick was coming into the league, but it never hurts to have a person that has "been there", do the talking instead of all these figures that Cam could never relate to telling them stories like they know what he's feeling right now.

I don't see how anything but positive results could come from this one.

#13 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

It doesn't seem like a lot of you recognize that the most inspiring and impacting testimony comes from those that have fallen from the greatest heights. I do not personally like Vick all that much, but one can easily see the commonalities that these two share in regards to having minor transgressions in their college careers, being taken first overall in the draft, and being ethnically and athletically unique to their positions and what these two could potentially discuss that nobody else on the planet could discuss.

I hope Vick advised Cam to not make the same mistakes he made coming into the league. I don't think he will as I think that Cam is a better man than Vick was coming into the league, but it never hurts to have a person that has "been there", do the talking instead of all these figures that Cam could never relate to telling them stories like they know what he's feeling right now.

If Cam Newton didn't already know that dogfighting, animal cruelty, obscene gestures towards fans, sexual assault, & marijuana were off-limits then our FO made the wrong pick.

#14 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

but don't you understand? now they're going to get together and drink 40s and run a massive dogfighting ring. all because cam spoke to mike vick.

#15 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,945 posts

Wow. Great post. Well put, very objective and even-keeled...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com