Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vick Mentors Cam

120 posts in this topic

Posted

Vick isn't a "great" QB, since we're splitting hairs.

Posted

Vick isn't a "great" QB, since we're splitting hairs.

Last year Vick was the best QB in the NFL.

Posted

Last year Vick was the best QB in the NFL.

Based on what metric?

Posted

Based on what metric?

He was unstoppable.

Posted

Really? I don't remember the pic of him hoisting the Lombardi on the air, or the NFCCG trophy...

I must be missing something.

Posted

Really? I don't remember the pic of him hoisting the Lombardi on the air, or the NFCCG trophy...

I must be missing something.

Yeah, the part where football is a team sport. It's a team sport therefore individual success cannot be based solely on team accolades.

Trent Dilfer has the same amount of Super Bowl rings as Peyton Manning. Also, Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl but he's one of the greatest QB's of all-time.

Posted

Ok, so Vick probably led all QB's in rushing yards, that's pretty impressive.

He didn't lead any significant statistical category, they didn't finish with the number one seed, didn't do squat in the playoffs but Vick is an unstoppable QB?

Nah, doesn't work that way.

Brady was the best QB last year, Rodgers was a close second. Vick was top four in rating with fewer attempts than most starters.

You're going to have to qualify that comment.

Posted

Ok, so Vick probably led all QB's in rushing yards, that's pretty impressive.

He didn't lead any significant statistical category, they didn't finish with the number one seed, didn't do squat in the playoffs but Vick is an unstoppable QB?

Nah, doesn't work that way.

Brady was the best QB last year, Rodgers was a close second. Vick was top four in rating with fewer attempts than most starters.

You're going to have to qualify that comment.

Posted

Point?

I could put together some clips of Rodgers that further demonstrates how much better he is than Vick. Has a shiney new ring too.

Posted

Point?

I could put together some clips of Rodgers that further demonstrates how much better he is than Vick. Has a shiney new ring too.

Rodgers being a great QB has nothing to do with the exceptional season Vick had. I can post videos of Peyton Manning that demonstrate how much better he is than Rodgers & Vick, but it is irrelevant.

Posted

Ah, but one exceptional season doesn't make him a great QB. Again, his exceptional season wasn't as good as some other QB's who don't rank as great either, IMO.

Posted

Ah, but one exceptional season doesn't make him a great QB. Again, his exceptional season wasn't as good as some other QB's who don't rank as great either, IMO.

I agree with you there. My point was that last year he was one of the great QB's in the league. (along with Brady & Rodgers)