117 replies to this topic

#16 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:34 AM

i swear, some of you people must think cam is retarded. it's p insulting to cam to think that this might negatively impact him.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:14 AM

The emoticon person neg repped me and called me a Vick lover for not liking a photo of a mutilated dog.

It seems to me like wanting to look at that makes you pretty similar to Vick in the first place.

#18 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

The emoticon person neg repped me and called me a Vick lover for not liking a photo of a mutilated dog.

It seems to me like wanting to look at that makes you pretty similar to Vick in the first place.

You neg repped me because I posted a picture of what Vick, your idol, represents.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,657 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

Who the hell really neg reps people?

#20 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:21 AM

that ****** dog picture is disgusting...

#21 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:21 AM

If Cam Newton didn't already know that dogfighting, animal cruelty, obscene gestures towards fans, sexual assault, & marijuana were off-limits then our FO made the wrong pick.

The point is not that Vick didn't know those things were not the right things to do. He knew they were wrong and he did them anyways because he was invincible in his own mind. He had people telling him he was going to be the greatest NFL player of all time since he was playing peewee. Michael Vick was poorly equipped to handle what was coming to him in the millions of dollars he was worth to Virginia Tech and the millions of dollars he was given by the Atlanta Falcons. Much in the same way that Cam Newton was not prepared for what faced him at Florida or even what faced him at Auburn. I think the difference between how Cam recovered and how Vick continued his poor behavior was the intelligence that Cam has and the strong support system around him.

I can't pretend to know what Vick had to say to Cam, but I would imagine that he talked to him about making sure that the people he surrounds himself with are looking out for his best interests. In Vick's case, all he had around him after he left Virginia Tech were people that wanted to take his money and live his life via proxy. Not saying that he didn't make a ton of bad choices on his own, but he had a TON of help in getting into the situation he found himself in that got him arrested. Those same people disappeared when things got tough for him.

As far as advice on the field is concerned, I can't say that anything Vick would have to say would be detrimental to Cam and his success. Vick as an Eagle plays so much differently than Vick did as a Falcon that you can tell the switch has been flipped for him and that he finally realized that football is played 11 on 11 and not 1 on 11 the way he played with Atlanta. The fact that Vick was able to have as much success as he had in Atlanta, relatively speaking, without even touching the playbook was a testament to his ridiculous talent. I think if he thought to say it, he would tell Cam to embrace what his coaches are telling him but to still play the game the way he has had success with it in the past which is incredible advice.

I will never accuse Vick of being a smart man, but he is an experienced man and on a long enough time frame it's very hard to tell the difference between the two. He has lived what Cam is living right now. He has been the media darling and the polarizing figure. He has been Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire before Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire ever was and he has been on the cover of Madden and Sports Illustrated too.

#22 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

The point is not that Vick didn't know those things were not the right things to do. He knew they were wrong and he did them anyways because he was invincible in his own mind. He had people telling him he was going to be the greatest NFL player of all time since he was playing peewee. Michael Vick was poorly equipped to handle what was coming to him in the millions of dollars he was worth to Virginia Tech and the millions of dollars he was given by the Atlanta Falcons. Much in the same way that Cam Newton was not prepared for what faced him at Florida or even what faced him at Auburn. I think the difference between how Cam recovered and how Vick continued his poor behavior was the intelligence that Cam has and the strong support system around him.

I can't pretend to know what Vick had to say to Cam, but I would imagine that he talked to him about making sure that the people he surrounds himself with are looking out for his best interests. In Vick's case, all he had around him after he left Virginia Tech were people that wanted to take his money and live his life via proxy. Not saying that he didn't make a ton of bad choices on his own, but he had a TON of help in getting into the situation he found himself in that got him arrested. Those same people disappeared when things got tough for him.

As far as advice on the field is concerned, I can't say that anything Vick would have to say would be detrimental to Cam and his success. Vick as an Eagle plays so much differently than Vick did as a Falcon that you can tell the switch has been flipped for him and that he finally realized that football is played 11 on 11 and not 1 on 11 the way he played with Atlanta. The fact that Vick was able to have as much success as he had in Atlanta, relatively speaking, without even touching the playbook was a testament to his ridiculous talent. I think if he thought to say it, he would tell Cam to embrace what his coaches are telling him but to still play the game the way he has had success with it in the past which is incredible advice.

I will never accuse Vick of being a smart man, but he is an experienced man and on a long enough time frame it's very hard to tell the difference between the two. He has lived what Cam is living right now. He has been the media darling and the polarizing figure. He has been Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire before Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire ever was and he has been on the cover of Madden and Sports Illustrated too.

tl;dr

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,657 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:24 AM

Your loss.

#24 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:25 AM

tl;dr

don't worry it actually made sense... so you wouldn't agree with it.

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Who the hell really neg reps people?

I've given out probably 5 neg reps in the 6 years I've posted here. Mostly Falcons and Cowboys fans, but mutilated animal photos will also do it.

#26 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Comparing what Cam has endured to what Vick has, on any level, is pure idiocity.

#27 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:29 AM

I've given out probably 5 neg reps in the 6 years I've posted here. Mostly Falcons and Cowboys fans, but mutilated animal photos will also do it.

Yeah it's okay if you mutilate & torture animals as long as you apologize for it, after being caught. But damnit if you post a picture of a dog mutilated by the person I'm defending that's just going way too far.

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

What?

Are you sure you're talking to the right person?

#29 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,657 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

I hate, no I loathe Vick and I don't want him talking to Cam, but you can't deny he's traveled the tough road and has learned a few things. My hope is that Vick told him about how he's transitioned to the freak athlete he was pre prison to the much more well rounded, complete QB.

You don't think a serial killer could maybe give you advice on living your life? Much of the advice I give is drawn from my errors rather than my successes.

As I stated on page one I think Vick should have been permanently banned from the league, same with Jamaal Lewis and Ray Lewis. A felony conviction should be the end of the road. But, that doesn't exclude them from having lessons to teach from their screw ups.

#30 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

leave Ray outta this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com