#46 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

Point?

I could put together some clips of Rodgers that further demonstrates how much better he is than Vick. Has a shiney new ring too.

Rodgers being a great QB has nothing to do with the exceptional season Vick had. I can post videos of Peyton Manning that demonstrate how much better he is than Rodgers & Vick, but it is irrelevant.

#47 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

Ah, but one exceptional season doesn't make him a great QB. Again, his exceptional season wasn't as good as some other QB's who don't rank as great either, IMO.

#48 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

Ah, but one exceptional season doesn't make him a great QB. Again, his exceptional season wasn't as good as some other QB's who don't rank as great either, IMO.

I agree with you there. My point was that last year he was one of the great QB's in the league. (along with Brady & Rodgers)

#49 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

If we're going with a one year qualifier I'd agree.

It is nice to have a heated debate without anyone getting pissed off and slinging insults.

Good debate sir.

#50 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,267 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

I think Cam should take advice from any experienced NFL player that's willing to offer it. Maybe Vick was telling Cam not to take the opportunity for granted like he did.

#51 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

I like Vick the football player. He is a great qb & the most exciting player in the league at the moment. However, I find it troubling that Cam says he idolizes Vick.

Idolizing "Vick the QB" is a far-cry from idolizing "Vick the former jailbird"

I'm almost positive that nobody respects Vick for what he's done off the field. (Other than than trying to rebuild his community image)

#52 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Rodgers being a great QB has nothing to do with the exceptional season Vick had. I can post videos of Peyton Manning that demonstrate how much better he is than Rodgers & Vick, but it is irrelevant.

Vick was outstanding the first half of last season....then average to above average the second half of last season....then looked below average this preseason.

Defensive Coordinators may have starting figuring him out again....much like what happened in his early times in the league.

I need to see more from Vick this season to say that he has leaped into the upper eschilon of QB's. He may have, but I am not yet sold.

#53 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Good to hear Vick is mentoring these young guys like Cam and VY. He's 30+ so he's got a lot of info and experiences to share with these guys. Growing up in Southwest Atlanta in the 2000s Im very certain Cameron grew up idolizing and admiring Vick as a player. And although we still have fans who hate or dont like Vick, he's one of if not the most popular players in the league amongst the players themselves. Any wisdom and insight Vick could've gave him would've been valuable.

#54 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Vick was outstanding the first half of last season....then average to above average the second half of last season....then looked below average this preseason.

Defensive Coordinators may have starting figuring him out again....much like what happened in his early times in the league.

I need to see more from Vick this season to say that he has leaped into the upper eschilon of QB's. He may have, but I am not yet sold.

No doubt Vick is one of the top 3 QBs in the league and is paid as such. Saying d coordinators figured him out is like saying d coordinators figured Manning out when he threw that "pick 6" in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. He hasnt been the same player since.

#55 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

Top 3? No.

Top 5? Maybe.

Top 10, absolutely.

#56 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image

It's funny that animal cruelity is all but ignored in certain areas of this country but I guess shooting animals for pleasure isn't the same as torturing them...SMH..Or is it because those who do it aren't famous enough to cause a controversy.

By the way, Vick is no more a mentor to Cam than Shockley is. I didn't know giving a kid some on field advise was the same as mentoring. Maybe it's good to at least read the article before assuming..

Our media and it's ever loving desire to stir up emotions for web hits.

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

I think Vick would have nothing but a positive impact on Cam.

#58 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

yeah, mentoring is a little more involved than giving advice

#59 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

I generally don't advocate taking advice from convicted felons.

I still think a felony conviction should be an automatic lifetime ban from the NFL. But money trumps leading our youth by example. #smh

Here is what I don't understand what does being a felon have anything to do with football? It's not like Vick called him and told him how to run underground dog fights. You guys get to bent out of shape about what happened with Vick. There are more horrible people that have made even worse decisions than Vick did and they still play in the NFL. Look at Dante Stallworth he killed a man and did 26 or 27 days in jail vick killed a few dogs and did 2 years Vick did his time. If you want to complain about felons playing in the NFL why don't you start by the people that actually murder other human beings.

#60 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

Here is what I don't understand what does being a felon have anything to do with football? It's not like Vick called him and told him how to run underground dog fights. You guys get to bent out of shape about what happened with Vick. There are more horrible people that have made even worse decisions than Vick did and they still play in the NFL. Look at Dante Stallworth he killed a man and did 26 or 27 days in jail vick killed a few dogs and did 2 years Vick did his time. If you want to complain about felons playing in the NFL why don't you start by the people that actually murder other human beings.

You might have a point if Stallworth repeatedly ran people over as part of some sort of sport in which he made money.

By the way, the idea of keeping felons out of the league would have kept Stallworth out too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com