117 replies to this topic

#106 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,956 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

morality, dog killing, Mike vick. I think its about time this thread was moved to the tinderbox.

#107 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

You are some of the lowest scum of the earth if you think what Vick did is in any way comparable to hunting.

Posted Image

what "some of the lowest scum of the earth" might look like

#108 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

morality, dog killing, Mike vick. I think its about time this thread was moved to the tinderbox.

I killed 30+ ants the other day in my kitchen. Lock me up.

#109 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

I'm not, but people making the assumption that by him doing his "time" fixed his moral failures and his previous 30 years of being a complete waist of human flesh is completely stupid. Prison, in no way, serves as a rehabilitation for anything.

you're right, there's practically no emphasis on rehabilitation in the american justice system. however,

a) prison can change a life for the better (ie wake up call)
B) if you are going to say that a person hasn't changed for the better when he's done little to make you think otherwise, you're being too hard on him

#110 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

you're right, there's practically no emphasis on rehabilitation in the american justice system. however,

a) prison can change a life for the better (ie wake up call)
B) if you are going to say that a person hasn't changed for the better when he's done little to make you think otherwise, you're being too hard on him

See this is my thing. While being in prison has probably made him realize that he can't do the crap he was doing before if he expects to be able to maintain the lifestyle he wants and is capable of earning, the odds that it made him realize that what he was doing was morally reprehensible or even wrong are probably pretty slim. If he had any misgivings about doing the things he was doing he wouldn't have bet on a dog fight more than a few times, much less started a huge dog fighting ring and training program run by a bunch of thug goons.

I'm glad that he at least has some incentive to not do the things that he did before, but I have no reason to believe that he is somehow magically a different person.

#111 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image

what "some of the lowest scum of the earth" might look like

What you fail to realize is that they value all life and think it's all wrong.

His comments were trivializing life and saying kill one kill all.

You see the difference?

Probably not.

#112 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Money/debt collectors are making Vick a better person right now.

Think about this...how many people are able to put Michael Vick's sins aside simply because they had him in fantasy football last year. And other respect him for what he did betting wise rather than what he did in real life.

Michael Vick is a real POS...and was way before anyone knew a damned thing about his penchant for torturing and slaughtering of domesticated animals that he owned and ones he stole.

Ron Mexico, multiple drug incidents that even had Atlanta's airport cover for him, flipping off fans, etc..

He needs to just stay the f away from Cam Newton. If he wants to give advice on how to avoid a sack from James Harrison? Sure. But when the word mentoring is bantied about...H to the farking NO.

#113 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

"Hey lets all make assumptions about Vick like we know him, even though we don't."

"Okay lol."

#114 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

Have you made any assumptions about Cam?

#115 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Cam's dad yes..

Jury still out on Cam and his off-the-field issues, but you'd have to be awfully naive to believe Cam didn't know about it. I don't like pay to play for college players AT ALL and if something really comes out that proves he did it. I feel he should suffer an NFL suspension. Just my opinion.

#116 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

When Brett Favre said he wanted to work with Cam, did everyone assume that was a bad thing because he was going to teach him to get hooked on painkillers and/or take pictures of his cock and text them to cheerleaders?

#117 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

No doubt Vick is one of the top 3 QBs in the league and is paid as such. Saying d coordinators figured him out is like saying d coordinators figured Manning out when he threw that "pick 6" in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. He hasnt been the same player since.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers

#118 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,434 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

Lmao at this thread and the ignorance.so it's cool to hunt, but not to kill a dog.and flop you still want to compare a child molester to a dog killer?

You do realize that EVERY steak, hamburger, piece of chicken, etc came from an animal that was killed.

If you cannot see the difference in killing animals for food and dog fighting, then God help you.

Do I think that what Vick did was sick and imoral? Yes

Do I think that he has "changed"? Unlikely....people who gain pleasure from what he did seldom chagne because they got caught.

Do I think that he paid his debt to society? Absolutely

I don't agree with what he did....I don't think he is sorry for what he did....I think that he is sorry that he got caught....but I don't think that he shoudl continue to pay for his crime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com