Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cat'sGrowl

Taking a look at college football's best WR.

83 posts in this topic

I'm not a OSU or Blackmon homer, but I saw little to get excited about in that highlight reel of Jeffrey.

I'm not a OSU or Blackmon homer, but I saw little to get excited about in that highlight reel of Jeffrey.

Agreed, if we were dead set on taking WR I would rather have Blackmon...

You've already stated that you are a OU fan. You've already admitted you haven't watched Jeffery play. Your argument that we should not want Jeffery because we are biased, but it appears to be a vague offshoot of SEC hate rather than an informed decision. You are sticking up for what you know, and attacking my post by claiming the only reason I want Jeffery is because he's a Gamecock (by the way, yes, I have watched Blackmon play)

It's ironic.

BTW, I'm still up for that bet.

My problem with Jeffery is that he lacks the speed to gain separation from defenders. He really is a lot like Dwayne was at USC. DJ was absolutely unstoppable against DB's who he had comparable speed to or who weren't as good at covering a WR. As soon as he got to the NFL it didn't matter how good his hands were because he couldn't gain separation from the defender and wasn't a very good route runner. I see a lot of the same qualities in AJ....

I think the SEC is the best conference in the nation. I don't have a dog in this fight and have no bias.

Honestly, if I had to pick between AJ and JB, I'm taking Malcolm Floyd.

South Carolina has a pretty good track record as far as Wideouts in the NFL.

I think the SEC is the best conference in the nation. I don't have a dog in this fight and have no bias.

Floyd's DUI's worry me. He could turn into the next Dwayne Jarrett in that respect....

Honestly, if we were in a position last year where Jeffery was off the board and Blackmon was there, I think I would rather trade down and nab Floyd.

I just don't trust Blackmon.

He's always stuck in traffic having to go up for balls, which is great for ESPN highlight reels, but at only 6'1", he isn't going to have that dominance in the NFL.

Jeffery is just great at finding the soft spot in coverage, and making a play.

Very TO, like, minus the sit up's and the drive way and the temper tantrums.

My problem with Jeffery is that he lacks the speed to gain separation from defenders. He really is a lot like Dwayne was at USC. DJ was absolutely unstoppable against DB's who he had comparable speed to or who weren't as good at covering a WR. As soon as he got to the NFL it didn't matter how good his hands were because he couldn't gain separation from the defender and wasn't a very good route runner. I see a lot of the same qualities in AJ....

So, with Blackmon having a slower 40 time, it means you are hesitant to take him too, correct?

As I said, I take Floyd over Blackmon, but I challenge you to watch Jeffery play before coming to a final decision.