Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taking a look at college football's best WR.

81 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Incredible catch by Jeffery on 4th.

Posted · Report post

I second the Criner vote....kid is a beast. Too bad he had his appendix removed Monday or Zona would have made it a lot more interesting against Okie State....

Posted · Report post

Floyd from ND is looking like a beast as well. His speed is deceiving. He's got my vote as well.

Posted · Report post

There are three stud receivers in this draft class, maybe more, but South Carolina fans will try to make it seem like this years crop consists of Alshon Jeffrey and a bunch of scrubs. Case in point, CatsGrowl making an ignorant comparison of Justin Blackmon to Dwayne Jarrett and pretending like the Big 12 doesn't have any good defensive backs when last year they put one in the first round, Amukamara (who Blackmon torched) and will have a few more drafted this year.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If it's a gamecock he's a "beast" obviously. It won't matter what you say dude, Cat'sGrowl will dismiss you and "lol" at you and oh right, probably post some stupid gif or picture to seem cool. It's pathetic. There are sooo many WR out there, yet Jeffrey is the "best".

lol ok.

Posted · Report post

If it's a gamecock he's a "beast" obviously. It won't matter what you say dude, Cat'sGrowl will dismiss you and "lol" at you and oh right, probably post some stupid gif or picture to seem cool. It's pathetic. There are sooo many WR out there, yet Jeffrey is the "best".

lol ok.

You're a riot you know that?

You can't make a single legitimate argument, so you resort to snide comments and witty remarks, but the best part, is that you accuse me of doing it.

It's downright hilarious, truthfully.

I'm waiting for you to make one, fact based post. I've certainly presented my case, is "lol u biased SEC iz teh suk!" the best you can do?

Posted · Report post

You're a riot you know that?

You can't make a single legitimate argument, so you resort to snide comments and witty remarks, but the best part, is that you accuse me of doing it.

It's downright hilarious, truthfully.

I'm waiting for you to make one, fact based post. I've certainly presented my case, is "lol u biased SEC iz teh suk!" the best you can do?

Oh crap the other guy called me out, I better keep ragging on this other guy. Everyone will notice that and not notice I totally dismissed what the other guy said.

lol wut?

I've told you already I'm taking a page from teh Cat'zGrowl book of pwnage. There are legitimate facts and you keep dismissing them. What's the point bucko? You're going to pull the same poo.

Posted · Report post

If Justin Hunter (Tenn) wasn't as sophomore he'd be getting a bit more attention. Look out out for him next year.

Posted · Report post

To explain myself some on Blackmon, it's not that I don't think the kid has talent. He obviously does.

But I do feel that because he is smaller than Jeffery, supposedly slower, though that's just what I've gathered from reading 40 times on the web and the difference is minimal, that his transition will be tougher going into the NFL than Jeffery's will be. Blackmon's forte is making spectacular catches, and that just isn't going to be as easy to pull off in THe League.

I won't lie, I'm also concerned that he's made a career out of abusing Secondary's in a conference that isn't well recognized for it's pass defense, but is known for it's air-it-out tendencies. I don't say that to offend anyone, but it does concern me some.

The biased part of me would say that Jeffery did great in a run first offense with a mid-tier accuracy QB, and it was impressive.

The SportScience segment on Blackmon was impressive though.

Posted · Report post

Just watched a highlight reel that was 5 minutes long wasn't that good. So he finds soft spots in college zones, not that easy in the NFL. His speed looks average so he better be physical, but again it's a new ballgame in the NFL when proven DB's jam you at the line and your athletic ability isn't enough anymore.

Wait...what? You are seriously saying you have seen him play and then suggesting that he can't get off a simple CB jam? I understand that CBs in college don't equal CBs in the NFL, but come on man. That's Alshon's game. He's a big physical receiver. Getting off of jams and being more physical than the CBs is how he makes a name for himself. He's not the fastest WR but I'll be danged if you can find many CBs who can jam him and beat him one-on-one for a jump-ball...or any ball for that matter.

Posted · Report post

I skipped what appears to be a pissing contest in this thread.

Floyd/Blackmon/Jeffries all appear to be solid prospects at this point.

What I think we need to look for in our next WR.

Catches with Hands.

Speed

Size

Willing to BLOCK

Attitude

Posted · Report post

The pissing contest in this thread has been resolved. This is a pretty volatile topic, so I'm sure this topic will do nicely in the following year by stepping up and taking the place of the Cam/Green/DT "debates" prior to last year's draft.