Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yeah About Those #1 Seeds....

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Kansas, Pitt, Oklahoma, UConn fell, teams that had their shot at #1 damaged or gone. Assuming UNC and Memphis (despite the objections) are entrenched in the #1 seeds, who gets them now?

Posted · Report post

Louisville and..............

Posted · Report post

Pitt will still get one. UNC (lose or not this week), Pitt, Louisville, Memphis is my guess. Uconn will get the shaft.

Posted · Report post

Yeah agree with Uptown. Tried to watch that whole Syracuse Uconn game but was on bicycle at the gym lasted til the 4 OT. :lol:

Posted · Report post

what about michigan state?

Posted · Report post

Kansas, Pitt, Oklahoma, UConn fell, teams that had their shot at #1 damaged or gone. Assuming UNC and Memphis (despite the objections) are entrenched in the #1 seeds, who gets them now?

Memphis is still a 2 seed in my eyes. If Duke wins the ACC tourney, they're a number 1. Louisville is a number 1, UConn is still a number 1 and maybe still Pitt

Posted · Report post

As long as Memphis plays in Conference USA.... they can't be a #1 seed. Sorry but they beat up on cupcakes all season.

My #1 seeds are UNC, Pitt, Louisville, Uconn

Posted · Report post

NO WAY with 6 losses can Duke be a #1 seed even if they win the ACC. They're a solid 2 or 3.

Posted · Report post

SI has UNC, Lville, MSt, Pitt as the number ones

Posted · Report post

NO WAY with 6 losses can Duke be a #1 seed even if they win the ACC. They're a solid 2 or 3.

Although it is highly unlikely, Duke could be a #1 if the won the ACC. That would most likely mean they would have to beat BC, Wake, UNC. Couple that with their recent streak of 5-1 down the stretch with only loss coming at Carolina. The committee always takes into account how the teams are over there last 10 games.

Also,Duke has the 2nd strongest RPI or strength of schedule, only behind Pitt. Duke has more quality wins than Michigan State and Louisville along with a much tougher schedule. As for Memphis, they shouldnt even be inthe discussion. Their only quality win was against Gonzaga. They were 1-3 out of conference.

Again, a long shot, but if Duke were to win the ACC, they have a very strong case, even with 6 losses.

Posted · Report post

Memphis is still a 2 seed in my eyes. If Duke wins the ACC tourney, they're a number 1. Louisville is a number 1, UConn is still a number 1 and maybe still Pitt

if UConn is a #1, Pitt would HAVE to be one. They did beat UConn twice, WHILE they was the #1 seed both times. I would give Pitt priority over UCONN for the #1 seed based on those 2 victories and same record.

Posted · Report post

if UConn is a #1, Pitt would HAVE to be one. They did beat UConn twice, WHILE they was the #1 seed both times. I would give Pitt priority over UCONN for the #1 seed based on those 2 victories and same record.

Agree with that Pitt is a better team then Uconn.