Photo
- - - - -

Although its opening day, take a minute to remember....

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

10 years ago today our country was under attack. Take a minute to remember where you were, what you felt and all those lost. Remember all the lives effected.

And lastly remember....this is the United States of America!!! You can sucker punch us but we will ALWAYS Rise, we will always persevere, and we will always, ALWAYS put a boot in the asses of those that attack our freedoms and way of life!!!

God Bless America and God bless all of you my Panthers friends on this day.

#2 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

#3 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

Now i feel the need to kick somebody's ass!! Just the way i felt ten years ago!

#4 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Even though I am from Denmark I would like to think that it was "us" who got attacked and not only you.

If you fug with my friends you fug with me.

Have a nice day in your lovely country, my thoughts will be with you today.... And Go Panthers

Edited by klumme, 11 September 2011 - 09:04 AM.

#5 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

I think I remember every minute of that day after the first plane struck. And I especially remember the feelings.
I posted something similar in the Lounge to honor the incredible heroes of that day. Especially the bravery of those on Flight 93. It is not pleasant to remember but we (I) should not forget. Those people should be our role models. I hope they inspire all of us to be better.

#6 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

We're still under attack, and it isn't just the muzzies.

#7 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Speaking of Denmark, i love Copenhagen!

Posted Image

#8 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,029 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

10 years ago today our country was under attack. Take a minute to remember where you were, what you felt and all those lost. Remember all the lives effected.

And lastly remember....this is the United States of America!!! You can sucker punch us but we will ALWAYS Rise, we will always persevere, and we will always, ALWAYS put a boot in the asses of those that attack our freedoms and way of life!!!

God Bless America and God bless all of you my Panthers friends on this day.

Always?

#9 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

God bless America! God bless those who were lost and the families who are still living with the aftershocks from that sad day.

We are still a nation of the free through those who sacrifice. Thank you to those who serve and help us stay that way!

#10 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,544 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

I was 17 getting my braces off finally, at the exact moment this happened. I later told my teacher what happened and she kept saying it was BS and if it did happen it wasn't deliberate and I just wanted attention. The class laughed at me and I got detention for disturbing the class. I later got individual apologies from everyone in that class and the teacher.

My heart goes out to all the victims.

I'll never forget that day, the day our enemies proved just how cowardly they are. Filth.

#11 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

Ten years goes by fast, huh? I was just out of high school, seems like it was yesterday. On a Panthers note, we had just beaten Minnesota on the road in the season opener and our rookie QB Chris Wienke had looked pretty good.

#12 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

I remember I was 18 and I was sleeping, remember it was pretty early out here on the west coast, and then my dad came smashing into my room and said oh my god Ryan a plane just hit the world trade center! I was thinking like a little cessna or something and I turned on my tv just a couple of seconds before the second one hit. I remember just being kind of paralyzed and fixated on the news not really knowing what the hell was going on. It didn't take long for my bubbled little world to pop that day, the day the game done changed.

Edited by Montsta, 11 September 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#13 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

I certainly remember that day, I was supposed to go swear in to the Navy that day. Needless to say, that got postponed a couple weeks. I was woken up by my recruiter with "uh, so you know how I was supposed to take you to MEPS today? yea, that's not gonna happen. I'll be in touch."

#14 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

I was in biology class, 8:46am, i'll never forget, fast forward 6 years, now im in Afghanistan fighting for freedom, fast forward to now, disabled veteran, but if i could go back and do it over, i would x1000!

#15 Boxhead85

Boxhead85

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

I love the compassion and heartfelt messages on this thread. We will always remember and never forget. Thanks to those that fought for what America stands for. We love you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com