<

Photo
- - - - -

Enjoy the excitement of the loss today, next Sunday we are 0-2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#16 Punisher

Punisher

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

What I said is the truth. Nothing else matters but the truth.

Did the Panthers not get down between the 30 and 45 yard line multiple times and stall? Did not every stall happen because of O-line penalties or end with a sack?

They left points on the field. Should have been up by at least 13 at one point.

Arizona would have started pressing had that happened. The outcome may have been different. When it stayed at 7 points, they took their time then hit their strive.

We blew it. I'm pissed.

Arizona could have blown us out. If Beanie Wells didn't have an unforced fumble, that would have been a score. We had a drive extended due to a shaky PI call. I thought Gamble interfered with Fitz once and it wasn't called.

#17 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

What I said is the truth. Nothing else matters but the truth.

Did the Panthers not get down between the 30 and 45 yard line multiple times and stall? Did not every stall happen because of O-line penalties or end with a sack?

They left points on the field. Should have been up by at least 13 at one point.

Arizona would have started pressing had that happened. The outcome may have been different. When it stayed at 7 points, they took their time then hit their strive.

We blew it. I'm pissed.

It is okay to be pissed about the the game and still be excited about the future.

They aren't mutually exclusive. If the worst thing Cam did in this game is hold the ball a little too long on some plays (something that EVERY rookie goes through) well then the only thing that should be pissed is your pants with excitement.

#18 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Thanks, I will

#19 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

...I'm looking at this season as a rebuilding year, all the more so because there was no offseason...

If they didn't give the game away, it still would have been a rebuilding year.

Those were veterans getting those O-line penalties, ruining so many good drives. Then Naanee even got an off-side penalty.

Totally inexcusable.

Don't. Just. Give. It. Away.

#20 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Not happy we gave away the game either, but at least Cam did everything he could and looked spectacular doing it. The D got better in the 2nd half against the run.

#21 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

It is okay to be pissed about the the game and still be excited about the future.

They aren't mutually exclusive. If the worst thing Cam did in this game is hold the ball a little too long on some plays (something that EVERY rookie goes through) well then the only thing that should be pissed is your pants with excitement.

Yup, he did hold it too long, he's still looking for the big play every snap. I think with time he'll realize that there are situations where taking the underneath route when your back has space between him and a defender IS a big play sometimes.

Overall he did excellent, showed some rookie mistakes but played well beyond what I thought he would and I'm pumped for the future, even if I'm disappointed in our D/special teams.

#22 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Veterans were getting those O-line penalties, not Cam Newton.

Legedu Naanee was coasting on those routes at the end, playing slower than he should have been, not Cam.

I'm pissed at players who should know better. Saying Cam will learn to run sooner after seeing the film, is not a criticism of Cam.

#23 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

SUPPORTER

They shouldn't have lost but come on - they did better than ANYONE realistically expected they would and there were a number of positives in the game. I'm not thrilled about the loss but I'm far more content than I figured I'd be.

#24 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

After what I saw today, I am not ready to concede that anyone is going to automatically beat us.

Have a little faith.

#25 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

We have a lot to be excited about, but we did just lose to a horrible team.

The big difference was our defense and ST has MAJOR MAJOR meltdowns.

The offense was fine.

#26 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

I'm never happy after a loss, but I figured a while back I'd better get used to it this year or I'd give myself a high blood pressure problem.

#27 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

They shouldn't have lost but come on - they did better than ANYONE realistically expected they would and there were a number of positives in the game. I'm not thrilled about the loss but I'm far more content than I figured I'd be.

I agree they did better than media pundits and online media repeaters expected. I never saw what the big deal about Arizona was. I wanted this win more than anything just because of media fools acting like Carolina has no players.

Also, my position has always been, as I said two weeks ago, that this was the most important game of the season because with a win, the Panthers could get a spark, maybe catch lightning in a bottle, ala the 2002-3 season opener where Jake comes in after Rodney Peete went down.

Even if they didn't make the playoffs, which I didn't expect, but I am smart enough to know that the NFL is the most unpredictable league out there (a winning season isn't guaranteed for anyone just because you had one last year), and with the other 3 teams in the NFC South losing today, this is one we shouldn't have given away with dumb O-line penalties.

#28 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Not to be picky but didn't Peete get benched not hurt? Or am I giving a certain unnamed coach too much credit.