MIA - Carolina run game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

would have been nice if it showed up.......Williamsm and Stewart had no holes and almost every run was blown up in the backfield. No excuse for it sucking to that degree.......even with teams focused on it.

Our OL is suppose to be a run blocking OL.....if they don't run block then they are a below average NFL line.

What Rivera thought was the biggest strength coming in IMO looks to be one of the biggest weaknesses. Lots of stretches today where it would have been nice to grind out some yards instead of everything being put on Cam's shoulders.

#2 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

No.....full....back

#3 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Cam was a one man wrecking crew.

#4 Mortalis

Mortalis

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

I thought Stewart should have had more more playing time today. He was showing more than Williams was. Not a knock on DeAngelo, but it's just some players are better against different teams.

#5 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

History has shown our run game takes a few weeks to get going.

#6 pawsandclaws

pawsandclaws

Speaker of the House

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Looked to me that AZ. was blitzing heavy up the middle all day and blitzing gaps instead of overloading one side. That's typically a blitz designed to stop the run.Like a few have already mentioned they dared Cam to beat them and he almost did.

#7 The Faceless

The Faceless

Seeker of Power

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

lol get fuged marty hurney...you and everyone else here knows D wills money was better invested in DT or CB. But apparently we had a great running game a couple years ago or something so that;s worth spending millions on

#8 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

lol get fuged marty hurney...you and everyone else here knows D wills money was better invested in DT or CB. But apparently we had a great running game a couple years ago or something so that;s worth spending millions on

You can't run versus an eight man front so instead of playing Fox ball, trying to run up the middle and getting stuffed, over and over again we aired the ball out. It worked very well and if you take away the three busted plays we would have won the game.

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

No.....full....back

Carolina isn't the only team not using a FB.....and they get holes (with OLs not built to run block). I think it is a much bigger issue than that.

#10 The Faceless

The Faceless

Seeker of Power

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

You can't run versus an eight man front so instead of playing Fox ball, trying to run up the middle and getting stuffed, over and over again we aired the ball out. It worked very well and if you take away the three busted plays we would have won the game.

the threat of the run would have take pressure off cam and perhaps have allowed for more production? O-line was horseshit in the run game, period

#11 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

No.....full....back

Except we did have a Fullback. His name was Richie Brockel, and, much to KillerKat's chagrin, he played very well today. Felton could end up cut at this point and I wouldn't be suprised.

#12 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Carolina isn't the only team not using a FB.....and they get holes (with OLs not built to run block). I think it is a much bigger issue than that.

What then? We basically have the same OL as '09. What is different other than a) abandoning the run WAY too early or B) not utilizing a FB?

Nothing. What other explinations are there?

#13 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

Double Trouble has run over plenty of 8 man fronts before.......I think the OL just isn't what it was.

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

What then? We basically have the same OL as '09. What is different other than a) abandoning the run WAY too early or B) not utilizing a FB?

Nothing. What other explinations are there?

2 yrs older. Nothing stays the same.

Fox use to abandon a functioning run game.....Rivera abandon one that flat out wasn't doing anything.

#15 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Except we did have a Fullback. His name was Richie Brockel, and, much to KillerKat's chagrin, he played very well today. Felton could end up cut at this point and I wouldn't be suprised.

How well? Did you see our rushing attack today? FIFTY-SIX yards. Man, we rushed JUST over a half football field in an hour long game!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.