Photo
- - - - -

MIA - Carolina run game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#16 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

Personally I think Arizona just defensivley dedicated themselves not to allow it.
Luckily Newton took advantage of it. It will be great to see the results when both are working, assuming Cam can continue to play around this level.

#17 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

2 yrs older. Nothing stays the same.

Fox use to abandon a functioning run game.....Rivera abandon one that flat out wasn't doing anything.

Wrong...Chud took what the Cards was giving him.

#18 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

if the run stats/performances from today's game were reversed, people would be saying williams was making something out of nothing and stewart sucked...

...but instead it's all the oline/fullback/stacked box fault.

#19 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

How well? Did you see our rushing attack today? FIFTY-SIX yards. Man, we rushed JUST over a half football field in an hour long game!!!!!!

lololol And I'm sure that had nothing to do with our thirty-seven passing attempts!!

Derp.

#20 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Wrong...Chud took what the Cards was giving him.

we will see I guess......it ain't like teams didn't gameplan to take away Double Trouble in 2009 when they both went for 1100.

#21 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Personally I think Arizona just defensivley dedicated themselves not to allow it.
Luckily Newton took advantage of it. It will be great to see the results when both are working, assuming Cam can continue to play around this level.

Man are we in for a rude awakening when we face a defesne that doesn't have to sacrifice one aspect of their defense for the other. The Cards WANTED to stop our running attack, but they are not talented or deep enough to do both. Green Bay is.

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

The Arizona defense was run blitzing all game. You will not be able to consistently run against that scheme. Cam needs to check out of the run and release the TE to the middle of the field when he sees that.

He will get that when he gets a little experience.

#23 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

if the run stats/performances from today's game were reversed, people would be saying williams was making something out of nothing and stewart sucked...

...but instead it's all the oline/fullback/stacked box fault.

i went into the season thinking Stewart would be better than Williams. It is eventually going to happen despite what people claim. I think Stewart needs more time on the field.

#24 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Stewart is the better back at this point. If his one long run wasn't wiped out, the stat numbers would look better.

Glad we dropped 20 mil in guarantees on D-Lo. You can't get his production for today from just anyone.

#25 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

lololol And I'm sure that had nothing to do with our thirty-seven passing attempts!!

Derp.

Derp, going for what they gave us, derp.

#26 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

Man are we in for a rude awakening when we face a defesne that doesn't have to sacrifice one aspect of their defense for the other. The Cards WANTED to stop our running attack, but they are not talented or deep enough to do both. Green Bay is.

No team is good enought to take away both if they are facing a complete offense. The deep ball to Smitty won't be there against GB like it was today but GB will be vulnerable to the pass if Cam has a smart game.

#27 The Faceless

The Faceless

Seeker of Power

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Stewart is the better back at this point. If his one long run wasn't wiped out, the stat numbers would look better.

Glad we dropped 20 mil in guarantees on D-Lo. You can't get his production for today from just anyone.

I know...what a great way to ensure the longterm development and productivity of this football team.:confused:

#28 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Green Bay was 18th in run defense, and tied for 29th in YPC. There good but we can run on them, if were as good as last year.