Derp

#33 NorthTryon

NorthTryon

Pay The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

We know that he's gonna look like a rookie and have bad games ... but can we at least enjoy the moment? It's been a long time since we've seen a Panther QB play impressive.

#34 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

I love boo's meme usage.

Posted Image

#35 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

I love boo's meme usage.

Posted Image:D

#36 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

You'd think the Panthers had just won a Super Bowl by the overall positive tone of this message board. Let's bring it back down to earth.

The defense was terrible. It seemed the philosophy was 'break but don't bend'... They didn't want to allow the possession receiver like Fitz to pick up lots of short catches, but seemed fine giving up 50yd + plays (Kings TD, 70 yd Punt return, 80 yd TD from unknown, Fitz' big 3rd down conversion). And this happened against a team with no real running threat.

The offense was impressive, no one will question that, but there is need for more balance. 74 yds rushing is not reaching the team's potential. If the other team wants Cam to beat them with his arm, sure, increase the pass attempts, but we have to get the running game involved as well. I also didn't like the playcalling at the end of the game. 5 straight passes in the redzone (one free play form an offsides). And not a single pass to a tight end or Smith iirc. I recall two passes to Goodson and two passes to Legedu. Not sure about the other play, maybe someone can refresh my memory.

The Special teams play was just amateur. I think 3 ST players ran past the guy and just sort of stood there as if he'd called a fair catch.

Overall the team lost to what likely may have been the easy competition they'll face all year. The loss could've been much worse as well. The roughing penalty called on Marshall was a ridiculous call. When a player who weighs probably 150 lbs less than the QB launches from inches away, I think you have to have some common sense and realize there is no safety threat at all. Also the Cards had a turnover in the redzone which gave us the edge early in the game.

Of course there's no point second guessing every play, but I don't think the playstyle is sustainable, especially if we aren't lucky. They'll give up 72 points next week if they try to play Rodgers the way they played Kolb. If it's break but don't bend, we'll be broken every play.

And playing less risky on defense may not be any better. The defensive line is like swiss cheese and the best player on our defense may be out for the season.

0-16 is still very much possible. Let's watch some more football before jumping to conclusions.

The defense played pretty well, other than the first Arizona drive, they bottled up the receivers and didn't let the run game hurt them. Two plays, two breakdowns in coverage, that is what beat us. I would give the defense a solid B for their performance in the game.

#37 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 PanthersPhan18

PanthersPhan18

(0Y0)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

who cares if we go 0/16 or if the defense looks awful, we are a bad team coming off a bad season. if we got a great quarterback out of it, its worth it.

I care, ohh I definitely care.

#39 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

wins>stats

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

If you guys go read the tinderbox you'll know exactly what sylvianlight's problem is with the team.

#41 car5nc

car5nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

"When a player who weighs probably 150 lbs less than the QB launches from inches away, I think you have to have some common sense and realize there is no safety threat at all." Richard Marshall only weighs 100lbs.!! No wonder he sucked last year..:eek:

#42 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

it is called baby steps. We are rebuilding a new O and D.

Who would have thought we could put up 21 w/ no ground game or fluke D or ST play aiding us before Cam's debut?

#43 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,481 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

You love using this don't you? lol

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,457 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

You'd think the Panthers had just won a Super Bowl by the overall positive tone of this message board. Let's bring it back down to earth.

The defense was terrible. It seemed the philosophy was 'break but don't bend'... They didn't want to allow the possession receiver like Fitz to pick up lots of short catches, but seemed fine giving up 50yd + plays (Kings TD, 70 yd Punt return, 80 yd TD from unknown, Fitz' big 3rd down conversion). And this happened against a team with no real running threat.

The offense was impressive, no one will question that, but there is need for more balance. 74 yds rushing is not reaching the team's potential. If the other team wants Cam to beat them with his arm, sure, increase the pass attempts, but we have to get the running game involved as well. I also didn't like the playcalling at the end of the game. 5 straight passes in the redzone (one free play form an offsides). And not a single pass to a tight end or Smith iirc. I recall two passes to Goodson and two passes to Legedu. Not sure about the other play, maybe someone can refresh my memory.

The Special teams play was just amateur. I think 3 ST players ran past the guy and just sort of stood there as if he'd called a fair catch.

Overall the team lost to what likely may have been the easy competition they'll face all year. The loss could've been much worse as well. The roughing penalty called on Marshall was a ridiculous call. When a player who weighs probably 150 lbs less than the QB launches from inches away, I think you have to have some common sense and realize there is no safety threat at all. Also the Cards had a turnover in the redzone which gave us the edge early in the game.

Of course there's no point second guessing every play, but I don't think the playstyle is sustainable, especially if we aren't lucky. They'll give up 72 points next week if they try to play Rodgers the way they played Kolb. If it's break but don't bend, we'll be broken every play.

And playing less risky on defense may not be any better. The defensive line is like swiss cheese and the best player on our defense may be out for the season.

0-16 is still very much possible. Let's watch some more football before jumping to conclusions.

So many things wrong with this analysis and so little time. I will point out a few and others can take it from there if they wish.

We didn't run well because the Cardinals put 8 and 9 guys in the box and run blitzed as well on most plays. They got burned the last 2 games againt us with the run and decided they were not going to get beat again that way so we had to pass the ball over the top which is what you do when they load the box.

The defense was actually pretty good except for a couple of huge breakdowns. That is what happens when you install a brand new defense in a month's time. Lets see how they are playing at the break. Special team's gave up the punt return not the defense. Outside of the blown coverage with King, the defense gave up 1 TD really.

We passed because that is what they gave us. That is what teams do, it wasn't a problem. As for throwing it to the TEs in the endzone, he did throw it to Olsen on fourth down but Olsen was out of bounds when he caught it.

Your complaint about the Marshall foul not being a safety risk is too ridiculous to comment, so I won't.

As for Green Bay blowing us out, lets see what happens but honestly I don't think it will be a blow out.

as for 0-16, not a chance.

#45 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

2 -14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.