Photo
- - - - -

The John Fox' vs Da Raiders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
489 replies to this topic

#481 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

Does everyone have to be emotional retards when it comes to Fox?

who's being more emotional? the people who are getting entertained by his ineptitude or the person white knighting him by calling everyone retards?

Are you too daft that the only impression you have of him is the last few negative emotions?

wow if you really don't realize how he tried to damage our franchise you really don't understand. At the very least you should be turned off by him for passive-aggressively besmirching the organization in the off season.

Lets be reasonable. Fox did some really good things here. Hell, I'd call some great. It got stale and didn't work anymore. He moved on and so did we.

great summation of 2006-2010. "hey for those 5 years his formula just got stale whatever". Reasonable analysis right there.

fools

Posted Image

#482 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

JR made it clear the only reason he didn't fire fox at the end of 2009 was he didn't want to pay two coaches at once... I had a hard time believing it, but he pretty much said that in the presser.

#483 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

basically if you can not only forget all the bad poo fox did to this franchise due to his own ineptitude, apathy, sense of entitlement and selfishness just because he took this team to 2nd place a decade ago, but attack people who refuse to forget the bad poo then you're an asshole

#484 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Yea!!! Let's talk poo about the coach who got us to the SB and the playoffs multiple times!!! That's the spirit.

Fug Jimmy Clausen too.

Playoffs 3 times in almost 10 years, none back to back? I like what coach fox brought here early on but since 08 it hasn't been pretty

#485 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Fox was a great coach under 2003 rules, but as the league evolved, Fox didn't.

Refusal to adapt, whether it be mid-game or in overall approach, seriously blunted his effectiveness.

He made a good run in 2008, largely on the emergence of two great runningbacks and a well-constructed O-line. But when it came playoff time, again the refusal to adapt (specifically, sticking with the "left-right" corner thing, as well as other choices) bit him hard. The following two years? Ugh.

He may be successful again somewhere else (though early returns would make it seem unlikely) but he wasn't going to be successful again here.

#486 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Playoffs 3 times in almost 10 years, none back to back? I like what coach fox brought here early on but since 08 it hasn't been pretty

Coaches are gonna get trashed either way, ask Andy Ried about losing the NFCC all those years.

John Fox was a great coach for us, and we should feel lucky if/when Rivera does much more.

#487 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Fox was a good coach for us, but he has one flaw. Little to no ability to develope a passing attack, and no desire to find assistants who can. We were good when we had Jake (an average qb) along with 3 good receivers whom Fox inherited or we signed as free agents. Not a single qb or wr was drafted and developed while Fox was here. At least not any that contributed in a meaningful way.

#488 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

Coaches are gonna get trashed either way, ask Andy Ried about losing the NFCC all those years.

John Fox was a great coach for us, and we should feel lucky if/when Rivera does much more.

You made my point more valid, since 2000 the eagles have made the playoffs every year except 2005 and 2007. Like Mr. Scott said, he was good early on, didn't adapt and burnt his bridges here. If he consistently made the playoffs this wouldn't be that big of a discussion. You think Andy Reid would still be there if in 10 years he only made the playoffs 3 times two of which were in his first 5 years?

#489 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

I noticed this week that the Denver line has moved 2.5 points toward Cincinatti.

#490 lien

lien

Banned

• PipPip
Banned

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

Raiders!!!!