Photo
- - - - -

Do you think some conferences are under pressure to "let" a scrub team win?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Well thats pretty dumb if thats the case. I would protest too, should I get fired when im on vacation for someone else fuging up? I dont think so. That said I shouldnt get a raise. Do I think the protest would have occurred if Duke went 31-0 that year? Probably not but I guess we will never know. You said no other coach has ever or will ever do that but Lute is the only other example I can think of for something like that happening. And wasnt he closing in on a milestone amount of wins? in that case why would he want wins coming off his record

#17 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

Well thats pretty dumb if thats the case. I would protest too, should I get fired when im on vacation for someone else fuging up? I dont think so. That said I shouldnt get a raise. Do I think the protest would have occurred if Duke went 31-0 that year? Probably not but I guess we will never know. You said no other coach has ever or will ever do that but Lute is the only other example I can think of for something like that happening. And wasnt he closing in on a milestone amount of wins? in that case why would he want wins coming off his record

We're not talking about wins, though he did want them kept on his record. We're talking about losses, which, I believe, has nothing to do with wins...

I swore I wasn't coming back in here, I swore I wasn't coming back here, but I keep being drawn back bye the obtuseness. Obviously you're a fan, but you are not a Duke student...

#18 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

well if its a fact that he wanted to keep the wins and not the losses then yes that is quite douchey. Doesnt convert me into a Holes fan though, he cusses like a sailor not like I thought he was a saint before anyways.

#19 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

well if its a fact that he wanted to keep the wins and not the losses then yes that is quite douchey. Doesnt convert me into a Holes fan though, he cusses like a sailor not like I thought he was a saint before anyways.

Well, let's just agree to disagree and move on...

#20 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

good deal im headed out neways, we can be friends.... oh somewhere closer to sept.

#21 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

Bruce Pearl has been lobbying for more SEC teams to get in for weeks. Now, if the Vols lose today, the SEC will get a whopping fourth team into the tourney (with Miss State).
Then again, UT hasn't won a conference tourney since 1979. I sure hope we can pull out the win. I'd love to see it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com