Photo
- - - - -

Duke as a 1 seed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

Why is no one talking about that as even a possibility? If they win the ACC tourney what makes them less deserving? They dont have a bad loss as all the teams they lost 2 are going to be in the tourney. I mean seriously Michigan is their worst loss and that was on the road to a team that they had already beaten. Do they deserve it? Probably not, but hey they are not the ones that lost early in their conference tourney. Who else should really be a lock on the 1 line besides UNC, I mean every other team they are discussing have a bad loss or two or an extremely weak schedule. Michigan St lost by 35 to the heels, Louisville lost to minny, Pitt to providence, Oklahoma is a joke, Memphis has beat almost the same calibur of competition with the exception of two or three wins as Utah State who has 1 more loss, yet if they lose their conference final they are right on the bubble. Tell me why any of those teams deserve to be there over Duke besides the Duke sucks I hate them all Unc fans are sure to post. Provided they take care of Maryland and then FSU tomorrow.

#2 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

because they are pasty lame chumps

#3 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

patsy lame chumps playing tomorrow. remind me who hangs the banner in the ACC?

#4 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

If they DO win the ACC Tournament they better be a #1 seed.

UNC
Louisville
Duke
UConn/Pitt

But I really doubt Duke gets a #1 seed. No lower than #2 seed though.

#5 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Oh I'll take that one. Who is the winner of the ACC tournament?

Ding Ding Ding.... that is correct

#6 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

FSU is going to be a tough game though...they aren't a joke.

#7 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Im not saying it will be an easy game. Just making note that UNC will not be able to claim conference champs this year because according to the league that goes to the tourney winner.

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

^And there will be a big fat asterisk as the league MVP didn't play in this tournament.

Duke has more losses than anyone in the top 5

#9 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

You also have to look at who they lost 2 and by how much. Last time I checked they didnt get trounced by 30 plus points as both Louisville and Mich St did. I think the Heels and Pitt are locks for 1's but to say the top 4 teams are not more debatable then they have been in the past few years is just plain dumb.

#10 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

^And there will be a big fat asterisk as the league MVP didn't play in this tournament.

Duke has more losses than anyone in the top 5

Where do they put the asterisk? Is it on the trophy or do they add it to the bottom of the banner that the winning team hangs? Or better yet, does Carolina hang a banner for it? Im just curious.

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

I think Uconn is much better than duke...Louisville is as well...You're forgetting the beatdown that Clemson put on duke, I assume?

Memphis plays in a terrible league, but they may be better as well.

#12 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

If you have 3 teams in in UNC Pitt and UConn that leaves one spot left. Memphis only has 3 losses but two of the teams that beat them also played Duke, AND LOST! Xavier beat Memphis on the road then got smashed by Duke at home. Louisville only has one less loss one of which was a 30 some odd point loss to non tourney team and one was to Minn. at home. Mich. State is the product of a conference with 9 equally mediocre teams. Oklahoma has fallen off and lost their opening round game. Wake will have won neither the reg season or tourney title in the ACC something Duke would have done to put them in the discussion. Please dispute any of this. Im not saying they get in as the last number 1 because they deserve it, but because there is NO ONE left more impressive. If Duke wins tomorrow they Deserve it, and if Louisville losses tonight they should ABSOLUTLY get it!! Deal with it.

Edited by DoWorkBson, 14 March 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

Where do they put the asterisk? Is it on the trophy or do they add it to the bottom of the banner that the winning team hangs? Or better yet, does Carolina hang a banner for it? Im just curious.

Not literally, but you know Lawson makes a wittle-bitty difference if he's on the court this weekend...Ya think?

#14 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

If you have 3 teams in in UNC Pitt and UConn that leaves one spot left. Memphis only has 3 losses but two of the teams that beat them also played Duke, AND LOST! Xavier beat Memphis on the road then got smashed by Duke at home. Louisville only has one less loss one of which was a 30 some odd point loss to non tourney team and one was to Minn. at home. Mich. State is the product of a conference with 9 equally mediocre teams. Oklahoma has fallen off and lost there opening round game. Wake will have won neither the reg season or tourney title in the ACC something Duke would have done to put them in the discussion. Please dispute any of this. Im not saying the get in because as the last number 1 because they deserve it, but because there is NO ONE left more impressive. If Duke wins tomorrow they Deserve it, and if Louisville losses tonight they should ABSOLUTLY get it!! Deal with it.

Calm down junior...Duke does not deserve squat...They may fall ass backwards into a 1 seed, but deserve? I don't think so...The BE is a better league, and the 3 top teams would fair pretty well in the ACC.

I'd kinda like to see dook get that 1 seed, then struggle to beat them and go out against an 8-9 winner in the next game.

#15 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

its tough to win the ACC 3 times a row

Duke deserves a 1 seed if they win the ACC tourney

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com