Photo
- - - - -

Inside the Numbers: 24-37, 422 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT (Video)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

@9:10, should goodson have caught that? if he did, do we tie it up?

#17 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Very, very nice.

With the same program, could you get screen shots from any moment in the game?

I am getting a new air macbook here this week. Could you walk me through how I could get screen shots from NFL games or record it as you are?

Sure!

The Hauppauge retails for about $200.00, but I found mine on craigslist for $120.00, and it records anything from your tv onto your computer, whether it's movies, tv shows, video games, it records it all, and in HD for that matter.

#18 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

i see why he didnt throw to naanee on that last play. naanee really needs to put some more effort in, especially in that last series. man i cant wait for gettis to be back next year.

#19 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the video, that was awesome.

Cam really, IMO, only had a few bad throws. There was some drops too. I'm trying not to get TOO excited, but man, he looks legit.

I agree, Goodson should have caught that first one, it hit him in the hands. I also agree with Naanee's effort. I think that first play where he wanted the flag, he should have been able to get through, and if he did that pass would have been perfect for him to grab. The "fade" or w/e to him, where he didn't even jump annoyed me. Heck of a try on Olsen's part in the endzone though, complete effort. And yeah, Goodson running the route too short, ouch.

I have to give props to LeFell. He had some nice grabs and 70 yards. Not bad. I feel in the tough situations he should be getting looks and not Naanee.

#20 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Sure!

The Hauppauge retails for about $200.00, but I found mine on craigslist for $120.00, and it records anything from your tv onto your computer, whether it's movies, tv shows, video games, it records it all, and in HD for that matter.

Cool. I'll be sending you a PM. Not to get all techie in a football forum, because I know jack squat....

But can I run a Happauge on an Apple CPU? My wife just got a new one (I footed the bill) and have heard doing the TV video to CPU on a DELL can crash the dell.

#21 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

Cool. I'll be sending you a PM. Not to get all techie in a football forum, because I know jack squat....

But can I run a Happauge on an Apple CPU? My wife just got a new one (I footed the bill) and have heard doing the TV video to CPU on a DELL can crash the dell.

I use a Mac Book Pro, so yeah you can.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Looking at the first td to smith, if Smith has lost any speed, he hasn't lost much. He had to slowup and wait for the pass, and still outran the corner to the endzone.

#23 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

There were also at least 4 passes that, although they weren't great passes, probably should have been/could have been caught by his receivers. Hit their hands but they dropped em.

He still need to get a little better with his accuracy. A couple of great catches were an eyelash away from skipping off the top of receivers hands and into the defenders hands.

But that is just nit picky stuff. He was electric on Sunday.

Cannot wait to hear the crowd at BOA Stadium this weekend when he takes the field.

#24 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

His completion to Smith down the middle at 1:47 in the 4th would have been his 4th touchdown, but he threw it just a little too high...

I couldn't be more impressed with a rookie. He looks WAY more accuarate than Delhomme, but seems to possess all of Jake's intangible qualities as well. I want to say alot more, but i will hold my tongue since he has only played one NFL game.

*edit. another thing that impressed me was his willingness to go downfield. He made a few completions to Shockey and Olsen when he needed to, but his first read seems to be the downfield ones. I like that alot.

Edited by chris999, 14 September 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#25 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

His out routes are amazing. I remember when he couldnt throw them for $hit. He does need to be careful with his stuff down the middle though.

Also Cam has a killer pump fake. It isn't Jake Delhomme '08 San Diego, but I saw a DL stop, and jump up in the air on one of his pump fakes.

#26 mario

mario

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

You shouldn't cut out the sacks, actually they're pass attempts and while they're no good it gives a 100% accurate tape. Awesome job, though.

#27 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

A few things I didn't really take notice of during the game because I was too busy being excited that I am just noticing from Cam.

His 2nd pass was good. Yeah, it was incomplete. But with coverage, if he tries to stick it in there, it may get picked. He throws it high and tells the receiver to go get it or nobody gets it. Solid decision.

4th pass, on the roll-out. GREAT throwing mechanics. Got his feet set, timed it well, good looking ball. Just a good job all around. He messes up his footwork on that throw and it may sail on him or bounce off the turf. Somebody has corrected a preseason issue!

5th and 7th throws, good job scanning and buying time with his legs. That is big time, especially with the heat he is sure to face this season.

8th throw, if he steps up, he might have completed it. He sat back too deep in the pocket. Take a couple short steps up, have total space, ball has a shorter distance to travel.

2nd TD to Smith was great. It was a double move, he pumps and gets the bite, looks off to the other side, then comes back to Smith. I haven't seen this mentioned on here and I know I noticed it during the game, but forgot about it until now. Really good job.

Just a few tid-bits I noticed. Really impressive looking back on it now, even moreso than it was initially on Sunday.

#28 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

You know... LaFell actually looked ok. There was only one throw I can blame on him for not catching.

#29 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

The 4:30 mark was one of my favorite. It wasn't his best throw, but he pumped faked left, causing the right DE to jump in the air, and then he turned right and threw it down field to Olsen.

It was just nice to see him manipulate the DE with his pump fake.

#30 edromeo

edromeo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image
Here's to you old sport!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com