Photo
- - - - -

Inside the Numbers: 24-37, 422 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT (Video)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#25 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

His out routes are amazing. I remember when he couldnt throw them for $hit. He does need to be careful with his stuff down the middle though.

Also Cam has a killer pump fake. It isn't Jake Delhomme '08 San Diego, but I saw a DL stop, and jump up in the air on one of his pump fakes.

#26 mario

mario

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

You shouldn't cut out the sacks, actually they're pass attempts and while they're no good it gives a 100% accurate tape. Awesome job, though.

#27 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

A few things I didn't really take notice of during the game because I was too busy being excited that I am just noticing from Cam.

His 2nd pass was good. Yeah, it was incomplete. But with coverage, if he tries to stick it in there, it may get picked. He throws it high and tells the receiver to go get it or nobody gets it. Solid decision.

4th pass, on the roll-out. GREAT throwing mechanics. Got his feet set, timed it well, good looking ball. Just a good job all around. He messes up his footwork on that throw and it may sail on him or bounce off the turf. Somebody has corrected a preseason issue!

5th and 7th throws, good job scanning and buying time with his legs. That is big time, especially with the heat he is sure to face this season.

8th throw, if he steps up, he might have completed it. He sat back too deep in the pocket. Take a couple short steps up, have total space, ball has a shorter distance to travel.

2nd TD to Smith was great. It was a double move, he pumps and gets the bite, looks off to the other side, then comes back to Smith. I haven't seen this mentioned on here and I know I noticed it during the game, but forgot about it until now. Really good job.

Just a few tid-bits I noticed. Really impressive looking back on it now, even moreso than it was initially on Sunday.

#28 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

You know... LaFell actually looked ok. There was only one throw I can blame on him for not catching.

#29 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

The 4:30 mark was one of my favorite. It wasn't his best throw, but he pumped faked left, causing the right DE to jump in the air, and then he turned right and threw it down field to Olsen.

It was just nice to see him manipulate the DE with his pump fake.

#30 edromeo

edromeo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image
Here's to you old sport!

#31 Shermdog

Shermdog

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

That fade play to nanee on 3rd down on the goal line was awful that one stood out to me as the worst play in that series. However, overall that is a very encouraging video. Incredible for a Rookie QB's first game in the NFL.

#32 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

That fade play to nanee on 3rd down on the goal line was awful that one stood out to me as the worst play in that series. However, overall that is a very encouraging video. Incredible for a Rookie QB's first game in the NFL.

I couldn't tell from the angle, but it appeared that Naanee had a chance if he would have got up and tried to go get it. Regardless, in that situation, you go up and try to get it. The only reason not to is if it is heading for the stands.

#33 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

on that last drive, I don't know why we went Naanee twice, def should have been targeting the TEs or at least Steve Smith. Or even something underneath to the RBs on first or second down.

#34 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

Banned

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

Because Cam does appear to have an issue of sticking with whatever target he has in his mind and not looking for other options at times, and it showed in that high pressure situation. It happened on the last play too. It's just something he needs to work on. He needs a tad bit more patience and awareness. Could see an improvement this Sunday.

#35 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Brandon LaFell quietly earned the number two spot this game....let's hope tutu can outplay Naanee

#36 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

I don't know whether to get a Newton jersey or Orton...