• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Packersfan

Packersfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

It was 3 years ago and the Panthers pulled it off at the end. I have to admit that one stung. What a heartbreaking loss for us but a great win for you guys. We collapsed after that game to finish 6-10 and the Panthers went on to win their division at 12-4 but lost in the first playoff game at home to the Cardinals 33-13. Steve Smith caught a bomb at the end of the game to set up Deangelo Williams from 1 yard out to score the game winning touchdown with just over a minute left. Rodgers threw a pick and you guys iced it there. I remember how classy Panther fans were at the game and after the game. I gained lots of respect for you guys with the sportsmanship the last few times we played. Great fans and passionate about your team. Hope you guys can win a title someday with Newton.

#2 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Yea, that was just a great catch by SS that won us that game.

#3 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

It was 3 years ago and the Panthers pulled it off at the end. I have to admit that one stung. What a heartbreaking loss for us but a great win for you guys. We collapsed after that game to finish 6-10 and the Panthers went on to win their division at 12-4 but lost in the first playoff game at home to the Cardinals 33-13. Steve Smith caught a bomb at the end of the game to set up Deangelo Williams from 1 yard out to score the game winning touchdown with just over a minute left. Rodgers threw a pick and you guys iced it there. I remember how classy Panther fans were at the game and after the game. I gained lots of respect for you guys with the sportsmanship the last few times we played. Great fans and passionate about your team. Hope you guys can win a title someday with Newton.

That was an awesome game. I hope we can have another meeting like that on Sunday

#4 Packersfan

Packersfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

That was an awesome game. I hope we can have another meeting like that on Sunday

I have to admit I was a little bitter about that one for a couple weeks after but I got over it fast.

#5 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

smiths back is still sore from that game (you know, for carrying our entire offense). i wont lie that was one of the most exciting games i've seen from the panthers and was almost as exciting as our season opener that year.

i distinctly remember rodgers describing the hardest hit he ever took to come from that game (by thomas davis no less). i also remember rodgers KILLING us by taking off for first downs over and over and being happy when peppers blew his ass up after he had ran out of bounds (i didnt even care about the 15 yard penalty). i really think that game in particular helped rodgers develop the toughness needed to become what he is now.

anyway i've always been a packers... supporter? never had anything against them, i like how the city owns the team and i like the way they approach obtaining and maintaining players. i hope for a good game sunday and hopefully both sides walk away injury free. best of luck to you all for the season (minus sunday, sorry I wanna win :P) and hopefully we meet up in the playoffs!

#6 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

I had to listen to that game on the radio I also listened to the st louis playoff game on the radio too

#7 Packersfan

Packersfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

You guys are a breath of fresh air to deal with compared to vikings, bear, cowboys, Pats, Cardinals and even Falcon fans. Maybe those teams can learn something from Carolina and New Orleans fans and thats class.

#8 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Did you just mention NO fans and class in the same sentence? hahahahahaha

#9 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Did you just mention NO fans and class in the same sentence? hahahahahaha

Saints fan are fairly classy in comparison to cowboy, pats, falcons, jets and vikings fans.

We all know the horror stories of posters we got when vick was a falcon

#10 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

New Orleans have shown no class ever since the Superbowl. At least not the fans in Atl

#11 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

I have to admit they are nowhere near as bad as ATL fans. Every time I go to a Panthers-Falcons game in Charlotte, I always end up with some loud mouth ATL fan near me who needs to be punched in the face.

#12 Packersfan

Packersfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

Have you guys been to lambeau? If so hope we werent like the Falcon fans you mentioned.

#13 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Nah, too far and I don't like cold weather and cheese.

#14 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

well u gotta remember that vick attracts a certain... type of individual. frankly he fits perfect in philly with their psychotic fanbase of low-income hoodlums.

#15 Packersfan

Packersfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Nah, too far and I don't like cold weather and cheese.

I agree on the cold weather but nothing wrong with cheese.:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com