Photo
- - - - -

Does it really make some of you feel better..

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

To rip on your own team? i see it a lot on this board and i was wondering how some of you can still call yourself fans?

#2 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

Not that I don't agree, but you should know the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

They do it for the same reason you love them. Because they did love, and still love them, but got their hearts broken. I've been guilty of this myself over the years.

In fact, if we go 0-3, you're going to hear me bitching about all kinds of things. In the end what everyone wants to see, is us winning. Some guys take it better than others when we don't. I don't take it well but Sunday's game was an exception due to Cam's performance.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 15 September 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

To rip on your own team? i see it a lot on this board and i was wondering how some of you can still call yourself fans?

Wondering if your poo stinks?

#4 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Shows passion. I have nothing wrong with someone bitching about things they don't like. If everyone was a yesman sheep, it sure would be boring around here.

#5 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

being realistic about expectations and giving constructive criticism =/= ripping on your team

#6 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

i wonder how many of the so called "fans" will still be the vocal "i only see the silver lining" fans if this team continues to lose games.

#7 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

My goal when discussing the team is not to make myself feel good. I leave that up to the team; if they win games I'll be happy. When discussing the team I only seek to have an accurate understanding of how the team operates and what strengths and weaknesses they have.

I don't differentiate saying something positive about the team from saying something negative about the team. Saying something that is correct about the team is fine by me regardless.

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

A fan cares. If they didn't rip at times...they are indifferent and really just don't care about it other than having a team to pull for.

I wish I didn't care so much at times.

#9 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

I look at every game as a possible win. I had the same mindset last year, and the year before that, and so on and so on.

I expect CJ and Hardy to beat the hell out of Rodgers. I expect our run game to finally take off this week. If not, I expect Newton and company to torch the Packers secondary. A team , over the last few seasons, known for giving up big plays through the air.

#10 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

It's just some people's nature to be negative but it doesn't mean they aren't fans.

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

This thread is now GIF approved....

#12 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Young team that is growing, maturing, and progressing forward. I'm realistic through the week. Hopeful game day morning. Confident game time starts. Hammered and happy or hammered and pissed, game time. Beating the hell out of the team we just lost to on Madden afterwards or saying "Hey. How you doin?" to my wife if we win. Actually that part usually happens after Madden too.

My life as a Panther fan during the season.

#13 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,314 posts

Posted Image

#14 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

This thread is now GIF approved....

Posted Image

#15 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

I think he's talking about people picking Green Bay to win. Even if we were going against the AFC West, I'm picking my boys. I might not put the house on it, but I'm damn sure calling it and hoping it happens. I don't care about being wrong in this situation, after all it is just a game, so there's real affect on your personal life. Every week my pick is going to be the same. The Panthers

Edited by ncmonzta, 15 September 2011 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.