Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Interesting Quote from DeAngelo Williams

109 posts in this topic

John Fox and Co. made this team more relevant than anyone prior to the arrival of Cam Newton. I'll never get the hate that is thrown at him. I think most of you that toss out hateful remarks are just bandwagon bitches that jumped in after the Super Bowl appearence.

The Panthers were pretty relevant by their second year in the league.

Or did you miss that part?

1 person likes this

I'm surprised I'm the first to say it but, that doesn't have to be a jab at Fox. Yes, it is well understood between us fanboys that that was his go to line; but is it impossible to think that Williams just likes the quote with Fox having nothing to do with it?

John Fox and Co. made this team more relevant than anyone prior to the arrival of Cam Newton. I'll never get the hate that is thrown at him. I think most of you that toss out hateful remarks are just bandwagon bitches that jumped in after the Super Bowl appearence.

3 winning seasons out of 9.

1 person likes this

I have no hate for John Fox.

But am I glad that he's in Denver and Ron Rivera's in Charlotte?

:yesnod:

3 winning seasons out of 9.

No back to back winning seasons or playoff runs.

I'm surprised I'm the first to say it but, that doesn't have to be a jab at Fox. Yes, it is well understood between us fanboys that that was his go to line; but is it impossible to think that Williams just likes the quote with Fox having nothing to do with it?

Pretty sure DeAngelo said earlier in the off-season "it is what it is is no more." If that's not a jab at Fox, IDK what is. So, yes, I do find it impossible to think that Williams actually likes the quote.

Your the one that just joined 8 months ago.

Fox was a good coach for a while and a great motivator. He always has a competitive defense but the man knows nothing about offense and totally lacks the "go for the kill" mentality needed for today's game. He also sucks as developing skill positions and would rather ride on established talent in guys like Steve Smith, Deangelo, Beason, etc. because he's so inept at it.

Fox's football philosophy left such a slim margin for error. His style is, for better or worse, an antiquated approach to the game. His ilk will soon be the dinosaurs of the NFL.

Having said that I appreciate the turn-around he brought after our Seifert era. But I am very excited for the Rivera administration. I think he has an aggressiveness that would terrify John Fox.

"It is what it is, until you do something about it.

Probably said it first in an email he sent to JR two years ago.