Photo
- - - - -

Interesting Quote from DeAngelo Williams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#106 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Fox had a formula that was successful in the early 2000s, but he repeatedly showed that he could not really adapt between seasons, or hell, between or even in games. As the game changed, Fox didn't.

I appreciate how Fox turned us around, but he was slipping as a coach. When JR tried to force Fox to be a different man (or coach, I guess), it was clear Fox checked out despite cashing his checks. JR bears some responsibility here because he knew it was happening but for a variety of reasons he didn't take action. Ultimately, Fox is what he is... and that is a coach in Denver. So while I may make fun of him on occasion, I don't hold him any true ill will... but I also am not going to sugar coat the disaster that was the end of his time as a coach here.

#107 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

Didn't a former player say that Fox would take over the defensive team meetings? Can't remember if it was during trgo, Meeks or both but thought that was interesting especially when we had those top ranked d's

it was while Meeks was DC, and it was someone who said Meeks wasn't a good enough communicator so that was why our defense was slipping or something I think.

#108 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

it was while Meeks was DC, and it was someone who said Meeks wasn't a good enough communicator so that was why our defense was slipping or something I think.

I remember it from Trgovac's days

http://www.heraldonl...coaches-up.html

#109 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

I can't find the meeks story so it's possible I'm mixing stuff up, but I thought it was in relation to Meeks not being a good communicator, so Fox had to 'help out' in meetings. It was one of the reasons so many of us weren't high on Meeks as a HC candidate anywhere I think.