Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 B1G thread

118 posts in this topic

Posted

the big ten is so inconsistent this year (most years I guess), hard to really predict too well what will happen week to week.

It's a lot more volatile, Indiana is tied at the half in Columbus. For the life of me though, I can't understand why Penn St. is still unbeaten in league play.

Posted

It's a lot more volatile, Indiana is tied at the half in Columbus. For the life of me though, I can't understand why Penn St. is still unbeaten in league play.

The easy answer to Penn State would be the schedule being heavily backloaded, I think the only ranked teams (other than bama) they play this year are in the last few weeks of the season. Nebraska next week I think, Wisconsin at the end of the year, with a trip to Columbus sandwiched inbetween. Pretty brutal three weeks. But really that's too easy. Truth is, they have a great defense and buy into the system there, which can make a huge difference. So they're playing well... bright future ahead for those guys. But you have to wonder how long Joe Paterno can keep doing this.

As to Ohio State, I'm an adopted fan of the Buckeyes. This year has been tough, conflicted about Fickell. He made some really questionable calls earlier in the year but he's had his guys fighting hard in every game save Miami.

edit: hmm, was Illinois ranked last week? either way, i think the last 3 weeks for Penn State will be their toughest

Posted

even so, Penn St. has been escaping all of those games, it seems they could just as easily be 4-5, with all the escapes after playing ugly the whole game. Illinois fell out of the rankings before the PSU game.

Back to this week, Indiana has pulled even again in Columbus and Minnesota just took the lead again in East Lansing.

Posted

Mich St. may have taken the lead on one of those old everyone but the ball carrier stopped playing even though the whistle never blew on a lateral or was it a forward pass plays.

Minnesota gets a reprieve, refs call it a forward pass - which looked right since Cousins arm was behind the 40 and the ball landed on the other side.

Posted

man why the hell do OCs love to put young QBs in empty back sets?

indiana sacks braxton miller in the red zone...

Posted

braxton miller with a 20 yard rushing TD on 3rd and goal from the 20 lol

Posted

Indiana football in a nutshell - missed FG

Posted

false start moves the ball back 5 yards, then misses the fg.

Posted

braxton miller running all over the hoosiers...

Posted

Bell busts loose and scores for Sparty to take a 31-24 lead

Posted

Indiana throws an interception and Ohio State breaks off a huge run down to the 12 or so.

Posted

Roberson picked in Columbus. Minnesota goes 3 and out in EL. Looks like the underdogs are running out of gas