Photo
- - - - -

2011 B1G thread

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

I think Denard was kidnapped, since there was no way in hell he could stand in the pocket that long

#77 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

yeah, I was convinced he was going to try to run it in.

#78 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

it probably shocked the XP team into their botch

#79 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Denard just pulled a Clint Stoerner

#80 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

I still don't know how he lost the ball, was reading something on the computer at the time, looked back to see the ball on the ground, heh

#81 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

I still don't know how he lost the ball, was reading something on the computer at the time, looked back to see the ball on the ground, heh

Full out Stoerner, he used the ball to try and keep his balance after avoiding a sack, but came up without the ball.

#82 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Full out Stoerner, he used the ball to try and keep his balance after avoiding a sack, but came up without the ball.

haha, I knew that'd happen to him one of these days. he uses the ball that way all the time to try to make plays

#83 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

The Minnesota that played USC tough looks like it's back from their vacation - beat Iowa last week and is leading Michigan St. 17-14 nearing the half, although Sparty has 2 minuted their way into FG range.

#84 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

the big ten is so inconsistent this year (most years I guess), hard to really predict too well what will happen week to week.

#85 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

the big ten is so inconsistent this year (most years I guess), hard to really predict too well what will happen week to week.

It's a lot more volatile, Indiana is tied at the half in Columbus. For the life of me though, I can't understand why Penn St. is still unbeaten in league play.

#86 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

It's a lot more volatile, Indiana is tied at the half in Columbus. For the life of me though, I can't understand why Penn St. is still unbeaten in league play.

The easy answer to Penn State would be the schedule being heavily backloaded, I think the only ranked teams (other than bama) they play this year are in the last few weeks of the season. Nebraska next week I think, Wisconsin at the end of the year, with a trip to Columbus sandwiched inbetween. Pretty brutal three weeks. But really that's too easy. Truth is, they have a great defense and buy into the system there, which can make a huge difference. So they're playing well... bright future ahead for those guys. But you have to wonder how long Joe Paterno can keep doing this.

As to Ohio State, I'm an adopted fan of the Buckeyes. This year has been tough, conflicted about Fickell. He made some really questionable calls earlier in the year but he's had his guys fighting hard in every game save Miami.

edit: hmm, was Illinois ranked last week? either way, i think the last 3 weeks for Penn State will be their toughest

Edited by mav1234, 05 November 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#87 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

even so, Penn St. has been escaping all of those games, it seems they could just as easily be 4-5, with all the escapes after playing ugly the whole game. Illinois fell out of the rankings before the PSU game.

Back to this week, Indiana has pulled even again in Columbus and Minnesota just took the lead again in East Lansing.

#88 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

• HUDDLER
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Mich St. may have taken the lead on one of those old everyone but the ball carrier stopped playing even though the whistle never blew on a lateral or was it a forward pass plays.

Minnesota gets a reprieve, refs call it a forward pass - which looked right since Cousins arm was behind the 40 and the ball landed on the other side.

Edited by Boltergeist, 05 November 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#89 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

man why the hell do OCs love to put young QBs in empty back sets?

indiana sacks braxton miller in the red zone...

#90 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

braxton miller with a 20 yard rushing TD on 3rd and goal from the 20 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com