What the hell?

#32 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

What a classless, cheap shot cop out move. Sure you are undefeated but you were scared of losing and took a cheap shot on a guy who was apologizing. What a turd.

Cheap shot? He was just on the receiving end of an illegal headbutt, and Ortiz was playing it off by an "apologizing" hug. Mayweather should have hit him a few more times during the fall to the canvas. Now that would have been a cheap shot.

#33 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

Oh man, that interview had me laughing good.

#34 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Cheap shot? He was just on the receiving end of an illegal headbutt, and Ortiz was playing it off by an "apologizing" hug. Mayweather should have hit him a few more times during the fall to the canvas. Now that would have been a cheap shot.

Yeah, and he got a point deducted for his illegal headbutt. While the ref was telling that to the scorers, Floyd popped him in the face seconds after they touched gloves. That is cheap as it gets. Ref not even looking? This isn't WWF.

#35 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

Let's be honest, a fighter who head-butt's an opponent in that fashion is going to get tapped back in return. It just doesn't normally happen that fast

No I agree, it was a cheap shot to headbutt I haven't denied that. Yet ortiz took the penalty and was in the middle of apologizing and the mandatory glove tap when mayweather sucker punched. It had to be tenths of seconds from being illegal. Ya he was going to get tapped back but mayweather proved nothing here. He knew he would have lost. Hes to scared to fight Manny. The ref wasn't even looking because they were tapping gloves. They both took cheap shots but floyds was much much worse. Add a classless W to that record, and keep ducking that loss vs Manny ya scumbag.

#36 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

ESPN just compared it to the tyson ear bite. While Mike broke the rules I see the comparison. Both fighters were shook,s cared, knew they would lose and took whatever cop out cheap trick they could to try and gain the edge.

Tell me during the end of the 3rd and that 4th round that floyd wasn't shook. Ortiz had the momentum. But I;m sure that you guys are right seeing as that every boxing analyst at the fight, guys who do it for a living either said it was cheap/classless or had no comment. And other analysts at espn said it was a cheap shot.

#37 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

better quality

#38 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

What I learned in boxing is that the second the fight is on, the fight is on. Hell, I was taught not even to touch gloves after the beginning of the first, even if your opponent held his gloves out.

I don't think it was a cheap shot. He did what he had to do to gain the advantage and win the fight.

#39 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

what a punk

#40 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

What I learned in boxing is that the second the fight is on, the fight is on. Hell, I was taught not even to touch gloves after the beginning of the first, even if your opponent held his gloves out.

I don't think it was a cheap shot. He did what he had to do to gain the advantage and win the fight.

this isn't a dirty street fight with no rules. Boxing has rules and tradition. You tap gloves and then go. You don't tap then punch before the other guy even has his hands back basically. Floyd won, legal, dirty as hell, cheap, classless, will be debated over and over this week on espn. All there is too it. Would have been great to see ortiz crush him if the fight went on.

#41 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:02 AM

Yeah, and he got a point deducted for his illegal headbutt. While the ref was telling that to the scorers, Floyd popped him in the face seconds after they touched gloves. That is cheap as it gets. Ref not even looking? This isn't WWF.

No the ref already took the point away, then the ref said lets go. Was Mayweather supposed to wait for Ortiz?

#42 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

A bit unsportsmanlike, maybe. A bit disrespectful, sure. But in the end, it's a fight. What Ortiz did was illegal, but what Mayweather did was completely legal and just showed that his mind was sharp and quick.

#43 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Rule 1: Keep ya hands up at all times!

That's all that need to be said. Ortiz got schooled and should have known it was coming. It wasn't illegal, just dumb on his part.

On a lighter note that Mayweather - Merchant interview in the ring was HILARIOUS

#44 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

I thought the ref had to signal that the fight was back on.

#45 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

From Kevin Iole's twitter account (Yahoo Sports columnist).

@KevinI

Talked to Keith Kizer of NV Commission. Cortez pointed to time keeper and said time in. Punches were legal, according to Kizer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com