Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We need another Offensive Coordinator

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This should be gif approved...

Posted · Report post

Wellll let's hear the wisdom of DJ Insizion...

The wisdom: Our ROOKIE Qb who has never called an offensive play has just thrown for over 400 yrds his first 2 starts n you are calling for a new OC? I am guessing that you would like to have Jeff Davidson back?

Posted · Report post

Welcome to 2011. We are NOT three yards and a cloud of dust anymore.The run game to work needs either:

A) Keep at it until you wear the other team out.

B) Throw it until they sell out against the pass.

If you like 30 handoffs and big run yardage that's fine but your margin for error is slim. You use screens and flares now to slow down pass rush. Let's face it-how many on here would have given us ANY chance if you knew beforehand we would have 4 turnovers??? In Foxball I would have been painting the living room after falling behind by 10. At least now we have a chance.

Posted · Report post

maybe if the team executed when he DOES call running plays, he'd be more inclined to run them more frequently throughout the game.

continuing to run when we are unable to is something i'm sure people would bitch about. "duh, we couldn't run so why did they keep trying? throw the damn ball!!"

srsly, what is wrong with some of you people?

John Fox, is that you?

Posted · Report post

We don't need another coordinator. He's made a rookie throw for over 800 yards in his first two games which has never happened. We have to get better in the redone. I noticed this last week also against Arizone. We have to be able to run the ball inside of the 10 yard line. We can't expect to pass everytime we're that close because the defense has the advantage with the shorter field to defend. I believe that if you at least show run, do some play actions then we should improve. We were inside the 10 yard line at least 3 times against Green Bay and only came away with 6 PTs. This can not happen. I believe that if we can improve in the redzone then we are totally CAPABLE of being a PLAYOFF TEAM THIS YEAR. We just dominated(yes we did) the best team in the NFL but since we can't capitalize on mistakes, take advantage of our opportunities and not to mention being sloppy with the football we lost a very winnable game that no one gave us a chance to win
Thread title is that we need a another coordinator to assist Chud, to impliment a running game. We need to run the ball, this will help in the Redzone especially...

Posted · Report post

Will they flip a coin....meaning Chud and his "assistant"......to see which play to run?

Posted · Report post

John Fox, is that you?

i dont know how you extrapolate what i said to get THAT...but ok.

Posted · Report post

i dont know how you extrapolated what i said to get THAT...but ok.

It is a verb

Posted · Report post

lineal89.....table for one! We found you a great booth seat right beside the restroom.....enjoy the smell.....
wth...

Posted · Report post

It is a verb

you're right. what i meant to say was: "i don't know how you extrapolated that from what i said... but OK"

so?

Posted · Report post

How dumb can one person be? GB and Arizona stacked the box all game. Why do you think Cam is throwing so much? This isn't rocket science, this is basic football 101. If the opposing defense is playing heavily against the run, then you are gonna have to throw the ball to beat it.

Posted · Report post

How dumb can one person be? GB and Arizona stacked the box all game. Why do you think Cam is throwing so much? This isn't rocket science, this is basic football 101. If the opposing defense is playing heavily against the run, then you are gonna have to throw the ball to beat it.
Yes you are gonna have to throw the ball to beat a stacked box most of times, but you can't abandon the run either. This my friend is basic football 101!