Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoWorkBson

1st ever 16 over 1

28 posts in this topic

Man, where have all you dook fans been? I really respect you guys more when you're around.

Luc21 and Lovetohateroy are the only two that consistently snipe on behalf of their team...I can appreciate that.

Thanks for the love Htar. But, in all seriousness, it is getting old the whole "Ty wasnt playing so, it doesnt count" arguement. Duke is the 2009 ACC Champions, look up the rule books, there is nothing in there that says if Ty Lawson doesnt play, we shouldn't count it. It sucks for Carolina that he didnt play, but no one on this board or in this country knows what the outcome would have been, had he been playing in the tournament. Maybe Carolina still would have lost to FSU, maybe they would have lost to Duke, maybe they would have won it all, who knows, but WHAT WE DO KNOW, is none of that happened, Duke won and they are the champs. Can we please put it to bed.

Dook is lucky like that...It wouldn't surprise me at all for them to get through to the final 4 without playing anyone.

K hasn't been past the 2nd round since 2001 IDT..He has had some pretty good teams too. I wouldn't call that lucky..

K hasn't been past the 2nd round since 2001 IDT..He has had some pretty good teams too. I wouldn't call that lucky..

wedgie_fail.jpg

2002 Sweet 16

2003 Sweet 16

2004 Final 4

2005 Sweet 16

2006 Sweet 16

Not great by Duke standards, but lets not say havent been out of the second rd since 2001, that is crazy talk.

wedgie_fail.jpg

2002 Sweet 16

2003 Sweet 16

2004 Final 4

2005 Sweet 16

2006 Sweet 16

Not great by Duke standards, but lets not say havent been out of the second rd since 2001, that is crazy talk.

It can even go farther back then that. Last time duke went out in the 2nd round was in 97. Well besides the last 2 years.

Blah blah blah, excuses excuses blah..

Duke won the ACC Championship, and excuses aren't going to change that. Injuries happen...it's life.

Thanks for the love Htar. But, in all seriousness, it is getting old the whole "Ty wasnt playing so, it doesnt count" arguement. Duke is the 2009 ACC Champions, look up the rule books, there is nothing in there that says if Ty Lawson doesnt play, we shouldn't count it. It sucks for Carolina that he didnt play, but no one on this board or in this country knows what the outcome would have been, had he been playing in the tournament. Maybe Carolina still would have lost to FSU, maybe they would have lost to Duke, maybe they would have won it all, who knows, but WHAT WE DO KNOW, is none of that happened, Duke won and they are the champs. Can we please put it to bed.

Duke won the ACC Championship, and excuses aren't going to change that. Injuries happen...it's life.

Not trying to make excuses or even saying your not the tourney champs, because you are. Of course injuries happen but it does make your ACC tourney championship a little hollow. You didn't have to face the team that has beat you head to head twice this season. It's not because UNC choked it's only because of injury. If FSU had beaten us at full strength, then that is different. But it didn't happen and no one outside of dook fans think anyone but UNC would have won the tourney if healthy.

Do you dook fans honestly think that because you won the ACC tourney, by default, that you are now magically on the same level as UNC? Come on now, lets be serious, you are absolutly no factor in the national champioship conversation. UNC is the favorite. Enjoy the default champioship but your not on our level, PERIOD!!!!!

Not trying to make excuses or even saying your not the tourney champs, because you are. Of course injuries happen but it does make your ACC tourney championship a little hollow. You didn't have to face the team that has beat you head to head twice this season. It's not because UNC choked it's only because of injury. If FSU had beaten us at full strength, then that is different. But it didn't happen and no one outside of dook fans think anyone but UNC would have won the tourney if healthy.

Do you dook fans honestly think that because you won the ACC tourney, by default, that you are now magically on the same level as UNC? Come on now, lets be serious, you are absolutly no factor in the national champioship conversation. UNC is the favorite. Enjoy the default champioship but your not on our level, PERIOD!!!!!

We are in some talks, not like Pitt and UNC are but people are starting to notice. Ive seen a few people say we are a team to really watch out for. This line up has played 9 games together and we are looking pretty good right now. But you did use all capitals in the word period with 5 exclimation points so it has to be true.

I think UConn is vulnerable. If you live off your inside game, Thabeet will kill you. If you have shooters and they are hot, he can't harm you.

16 over 1 will probably happen one day, so you never know.

We are in some talks, not like Pitt and UNC are but people are starting to notice. Ive seen a few people say we are a team to really watch out for. This line up has played 9 games together and we are looking pretty good right now. But you did use all capitals in the word period with 5 exclimation points so it has to be true.

I'm glad we agree

Win or Lose ETSU had made me look very smart. Down only four with about 11 left to play

Gave it a great go but looks like ETSU came up 10 points short