Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freeman > Newton

340 posts in this topic

Posted

Newt as a rookie > Freeman as a rookie

Posted

Ryan Leaf > Peyton Manning

Posted

sounds like someone is threatened by newtons success.

Posted

The real Sun Tzu is probably rolling over in his grave.

I was not aware they handed out copies of The Art of War at state mental institutions.

Posted

Statistics for thought:

Freeman in 2009 as a rookie 10 games - 10TDs/18INT's - 54.5% Completions - 59.8 QBR - number of NFL Records 0 - number of 400 yards games 0

1 person likes this

Posted

I was wondering why Freeman was the headline of every sports show lately. The buzz around him is just crazy. This certainly explains it.

Posted

You all seem to forget that Freeman didn't have Steve Smith or Jeremy Shockey to throw to his rookie year either. We had the likes of Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall and Antonio Bryant being incapable of starting more than a few games in a row. Our biggest weapon was Kellen Winslow! If you need any proof that an elite WR can make any QB look good look no further than Randy Moss fluffing Culpepper for all those years in Minnesota. A great QB can sometimes only be as great as the players around him and he in return makes them great. It's cyclical.

Newton set a record, big fuging whoop. The GOAT's like Graham, Unitas, Marino, Elway, Montana, Favre, Manning and Brady (and others I've forgotten off the top of my head) have all the other records anyway.

You can't compare Freeman to Newton by any stretch because it's only been 2 games. But the biggest glaring intangible that sets them apart by their 1st 2 games is that by Freeman's 1st-2nd game he was the unquestioned leader of the offense and the entire offense found the will to win through him.

Can you say the same about Newton or do they all look up to Steve Smith still?

Posted

Thats all nice and good swashypoo. Cam looks like he is leading the team to me. Cam has only played 2 games and yet you say Freeman lead the team to win through him?

Big whoop its now year three. If the guy cant get you to the playoffs this year unlike last year then winning doesnt mean crap.

Posted

Yeah that Brandon LaFell really had some career before Cam showed up for him to help out.

Posted

Thats all nice and good swashypoo. Cam looks like he is leading the team to me. Cam has only played 2 games and yet you say Freeman lead the team to win through him?

Big whoop its now year three. If the guy cant get you to the playoffs this year unlike last year then winning doesnt mean crap.

Yes, Freeman won his first start and rallied the entire team.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110806/2009/REG9/packers@buccaneers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Looks like an unquestioned leader to me despite how piss poor our defense was that year.

Whether or not the Bucs make the playoffs is irrelevant, most fans here in Tampa Bay know we are still rebuilding and have to make changes to the offensive line and our linebacking corps before making that push. We will find ways to win throughout the year but the ultimate goal is a championship. I'm realistic enough to know it won't come this year.

PS- Lombardi just rolled in his grave with what you said. "Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing."

Posted

Two months ago: "Newton will bust just as bad or worse than JaMarcus Russell"

Today: "Oh so he's smashing rookie records. Big whoop"

1 person likes this

Posted

winning doesnt mean shiit if you dont get into the tournament. You win to get into the playoffs to get into the superbowl and win it. You dont win so you can go on to another teams messageboard to gloat about it. I mean IM happy about the records Cam is producing but its only now week three and I am very disappointed with the losses.

Get into the playoffs with your badass QB and then you can come and trash talk to a team that just drafted a player first overall and was the worst team in the league.