Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Final Four...

39 posts in this topic

Posted

As someone who has occasional bouts of gout in his right foot big toe I can tell you that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Every cut you make puts pressure on your big toes and the pain is debilitating - to anyone...

I broke a big toe and had a 3rd degree ankle sprain in high school...I was back on the court inside a month under both conditions. Both in separate years, though.

Posted

I broke a big toe and had a 3rd degree ankle sprain in high school...I was back on the court inside a month under both conditions. Both in separate years, though.

And Lawson has been out for less than 2 weeks?

Anyway- final 4. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but Wake, Memphis, Pitt, and UNC. I have Pitt beating Memphis in the Finals. My big upsets are USC and UCLA making the Elite 8. Also have Utah State beating Marquette, West KY over Illinois, Arizona over Utah, and Portland State over Xavier. I'm in a pool that rewards upset picks. But more than likely my bracket gets busted by Friday.

Posted

Wake, Pitt, Missouri, Syracuse

Wake, Syracuse

Wake

irishdrinkers.gif

I really really really really hope you're right.

Posted

i got Memphis, Louisville, Xavier, and UNC

carolina wins a shootout w/ louisville in the final

Posted

ALTHOUGH it pains me to type this: i wouldn't mind seeing a dook-carolina matchup in the final four <-----game of the year material right there

Posted

If Lawson's injury is turf toe, and that's what it sounds like to me, that's a completely different animal than what you experienced. Turf toe has caused NFL players to have to retire, because it's extremely painful and can linger forever.

Plus, Lawson doesn't have a month to rest.

Honestly, I've already come to terms with the possibility that this might not be our time. There is no way UNC makes it to the Final 4 without a healthy Ty Lawson.

Posted

ALTHOUGH it pains me to type this: i wouldn't mind seeing a dook-carolina matchup in the final four <-----game of the year material right there

Game of the year?? Man that would be game of the past 25 years. For Duke and Carolina to meet in the tournament, let alone the final four, would be unreal. The best rivalry (imo) to meet in a one and done situation, would almost be too much. At least that's my thinking.

Posted

I would love to see UNC-DUKE...but duke has to get through nova and pitt...and carowhina dont play defense..No lawson and NC might be home before the first weekend is up

Posted

I would love to see UNC-DUKE...but duke has to get through nova and pitt...and carowhina dont play defense..No lawson and NC might be home before the first weekend is up

haha... That is funny.. Even though UNC didn't win the ACC championship, they are still good enough to make it past the first few rounds without Lawson, they will most likely get him back in the second.. so UNC has nothing to worry about. One player is not going to drop UNC to a team like Bradford.. and surely can take an LSU or Butler team.. They will make it to the Sweet 16 with or without Lawson.

Posted

That would scare me honestly. Duke has a bone to pick with us for sure.

Posted

haha... That is funny.. Even though UNC didn't win the ACC championship, they are still good enough to make it past the first few rounds without Lawson, they will most likely get him back in the second.. so UNC has nothing to worry about. One player is not going to drop UNC to a team like Bradford.. and surely can take an LSU or Butler team.. They will make it to the Sweet 16 with or without Lawson.

I think Carowhinna while make it to the Swet 16 at least but to lose ur starting point guard and ur best defender on the ball is tough

Posted

UNC

Tennesse

Louisville

Memphis

UNC 83 vs. Louisville 79