Photo
- - - - -

Beason's thoughts on TD.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

He's gone guys. We'll save like 28 mill if we cut him before next year, because of bonuses over the life of the contract and other things. NO way we take a chance on someone who has missed 3 seasons because of ACL injuries. We really shouldn't have taken a chance this year, but I think JR respected the guy. TD is a beast, but, it's a business and we can't keep chunks of salaries for players that are so injury prone. Unfortunately, he'll go the way of Dan Morgan, potential Hall of Fame talent, but injuries killed them.

Good luck in your future TD. I hoped he was smart enough (I think he was) to save and use his money wisely that he's earned.

#32 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

He's gone guys. We'll save like 28 mill if we cut him before next year, because of bonuses over the life of the contract and other things. NO way we take a chance on someone who has missed 3 seasons because of ACL injuries. We really shouldn't have taken a chance this year, but I think JR respected the guy. TD is a beast, but, it's a business and we can't keep chunks of salaries for players that are so injury prone. Unfortunately, he'll go the way of Dan Morgan, potential Hall of Fame talent, but injuries killed them.

Good luck in your future TD. I hoped he was smart enough (I think he was) to save and use his money wisely that he's earned.

he got 8 mil guaranteed.. we won't lose a dime if he doesn't see the field, and in order for him to qualify for any bonuses, he has to see the field. this is how his contract was structured.

#33 Panther53521

Panther53521

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

yeah the contract is gonna be dead, and he will be cut. If he wants to come back at veteran minimum, thats the only way I see him back again.

#34 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Also beason tore his achilles , not his acl

Achilles is not an easy injury to recover from either:(

#35 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

he got 8 mil guaranteed.. we won't lose a dime if he doesn't see the field, and in order for him to qualify for any bonuses, he has to see the field. this is how his contract was structured.

Right, there's a nice roster bonus for next year too early on. He's probably gone, if we're going to be smart. Sad, he has so much potential.

#36 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

a drop of a dime.. no where near 20mil.. ;)

#37 AnalyzeThIs#28

AnalyzeThIs#28

Beware of Smash&Dash

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

Did someone say Beason shouldn't come back neither? If so, someone is mentally retarded... and I think there's a forum for your kind.

#38 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Sigged that picture, it was too epic not to.

#39 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Achilles is probably twice as hard to come back from than an ACL. In fact I dont think anyone has ever come back post-achilles to be as good as they were pre-achilles. Sad fact, but a fact none the less.

#40 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hopefully he can play if he is still able, and if he has to retire then nothing but the best to him in his future endeavors.