Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect vs Fallout 3 vs The Witcher

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Which is the better RPG?

#2 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

Mass Effect with Fallout 3 being a extremely close second, I haven't played the Witcher though. but Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite games.

#3 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

Mass Effect was boring. I guess maybe because I played all of the side missions.

#4 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Mass Effect was the best, IMO.
Fallout 3 felt like it was just oblivion with guns, it wasn't very fun.

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Fallout 3 followed by The Witcher, followed by Mass Effect.

Fallout 3 is an open world envirionment and has a ton of replay value. I spent easily 60 hours on one play through.

The Witcher is a great game but is linear. I'm a bigger fan of open ended games like Fallout 3 and GTA where you do what you want, when you want.

Mass Effect was a big disappointment to me. I was bored with it fairly quickly. It had so much potential and isn't nearly as good as it should have been.

#6 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Fallout 3, but be warned, the PS3 version more than others has bugs out the ass...

#7 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Fallout 3 followed by The Witcher, followed by Mass Effect.

Fallout 3 is an open world envirionment and has a ton of replay value. I spent easily 60 hours on one play through.

The Witcher is a great game but is linear. I'm a bigger fan of open ended games like Fallout 3 and GTA where you do what you want, when you want.

Mass Effect was a big disappointment to me. I was bored with it fairly quickly. It had so much potential and isn't nearly as good as it should have been.

Agreed, I did like ME but it got boring doing the side quest. Main story line was great as well as the main planets. I hope they fix this mistake in the second one, which is supposed to come out this year.

As for the Topic at hand.
Fallout 3
Witcher = ME as far as me liking them.

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Speaking of RPG's...has anyone ever played Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines? Pretty cool RPG.

Edited by stankowalski, 16 March 2009 - 06:14 PM.

#9 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

For me it would have to go like this

1. Fallout 3 (Took me a while, I wanted to put this at the bottom because I played the first two Fallout games, and even though I knew Fallout 3 wouldn't stay true to the series I guess I was just depressed while playing it because I knew there would never be another true fallout game. But once I was able to appreciate it in its own right I loved it)
2. The Witcher (This game might legitimately challenge for #1 if it wasn't linear. They said it was open world when I was reading interviews on it. But then I play it and it's only half true. I have to give it to the designers for supporting the community. They released an enhanced version with improvements and better dialogue and adventure packs for free)
3. Mass Effect (Boring boring boring boring boring.)

#10 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

wow i very surprised, i hear a lot of great things about ME....

although my all time favorite RPG is Deus Ex, so ME might suite me..

#11 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

wow i very surprised, i hear a lot of great things about ME....

although my all time favorite RPG is Deus Ex, so ME might suite me..

i was actually kinda surprised myself with the reaction, ME seems to be more love/Hate then anything else, and I would like to note the fact that everyone who has posted in here has either Loved Mass Effect or Hated it.

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

For me it would have to go like this

1. Fallout 3 (Took me a while, I wanted to put this at the bottom because I played the first two Fallout games, and even though I knew Fallout 3 wouldn't stay true to the series I guess I was just depressed while playing it because I knew there would never be another true fallout game. But once I was able to appreciate it in its own right I loved it)
2. The Witcher (This game might legitimately challenge for #1 if it wasn't linear. They said it was open world when I was reading interviews on it. But then I play it and it's only half true. I have to give it to the designers for supporting the community. They released an enhanced version with improvements and better dialogue and adventure packs for free)
3. Mass Effect (Boring boring boring boring boring.)

Ok did you play any of the main quest? in know some side quests are boring but the main quest has one of the best stories in all of Sci-fi.

#13 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

i was actually kinda surprised myself with the reaction, ME seems to be more love/Hate then anything else, and I would like to note the fact that everyone who has posted in here has either Loved Mass Effect or Hated it.

I'm in the middle. I like it, but I've only ever bothered to play through it once.

#14 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

Fallout 3 has more replay value than any game I have ever played, and that includes stuff like Madden that I buy every year.... Even with the lack of DLC for PS3, and the massive amount of bug/freezes in that version, I will play it over and over just to see what happens when I choose different paths...

#15 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

Ok did you play any of the main quest? in know some side quests are boring but the main quest has one of the best stories in all of Sci-fi.

I did beat the game and I have to admit the main quest WAS good. (The story more so than the actual missions but still. I agree that the story was one of the most captivating I've ever seen.) Maybe it's because I'm OCD and have to play every possible mission, but it seemed like after I had done all of the side missions the main campaign was short and easy, and perhaps spending so much time on the side missions clouded my judgment on the game overall, but I still thought on the whole it was kind of boring.

The only thing that made it worth it was seeing how the story was going to unfold.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com