• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

not sure if this has been posted, and i'm too lazy to check.

if it has been, ignore it and go about your business...

stuck in mud

#2 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

and he makes a good point.

with how easily we move the ball through the air and the chances we have had once down at the goal.....right now it isn't a great concern. If teams play the pass and we still can't run then it will be a problem.

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

"I don't think anybody in this organization wants us to rush for under 100 and throw for over 400 every week. Especially without points to back it up. We've got to do better on the ground. We've got to take pressure off Cam. We've got to let him hand the ball off 20-25 times a game and get 150 yards and a couple of scores out of that. That's what we're supposed to do. We're not doing that enough and it's hurting us."

um no gross, thats what we use to do. Pass protection means gross has to work harder and longer during a play. Boohoo. stfu and earn your paycheck.

#4 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

I love the new coaching. If the o line wants to pussy foot and get pushed backwards, fug em, let them pass protect.

#5 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Gross just wants to pancake some people... dont hate. Anyone see him kick out on that smitty screen and flatten Woodson? I lol'd

#6 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

rivera is just telling the media what he has to......I dont believe for a second he is not worried about running game even though the way Cam has been passing it has to get better

#7 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

i love the new coaching. If the o line wants to pussy foot and get pushed backwards, fug em, let them pass protect.

exactly!

#8 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

"I don't think anybody in this organization wants us to rush for under 100 and throw for over 400 every week. Especially without points to back it up. We've got to do better on the ground. We've got to take pressure off Cam. We've got to let him hand the ball off 20-25 times a game and get 150 yards and a couple of scores out of that. That's what we're supposed to do. We're not doing that enough and it's hurting us."

um no gross, thats what we use to do. Pass protection means gross has to work harder and longer during a play. Boohoo. stfu and earn your paycheck.

Name the top teams in the NFL last year or projected this year......handing it off 20-25 times just isn't the way to win. Much more difficult to stop the pass than run.

Run game no doubt needs to step up....but I dont' think the above is the plan. Not in today's NFL.

Cam is a rookie....and that explains things coming to a hault more than anything in the redozne. The plays have been there. Just takes a little time....these early stalled drives aren't going to waste. They are what he will build and improve off of.

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

who wants to see Williams throw the ball? that would be a horrific play call.

#10 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

ok I'm confused, CRA are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

#11 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

rivera is just telling the media what he has to......I dont believe for a second he is not worried about running game even though the way Cam has been passing it has to get better

You know for once I don't believe this is the case. No doubt he wants a better run game, but I think what Rivera's seeing is what everyone should see...."I have a team that can put up 500 yards of offense. I should be able to get 3-4 touchdowns a game easily. I like my chances."

#12 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

as long as u r moving the ball down the field, who cares how it is moved.

#13 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

as long as u r moving the ball down the field, who cares how it is moved.

Precisely.

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,712 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Goes back to the initial press conference.

Rivera said "balanced offense", but it was pointed out at that time that his idea of "balance" wasn't what most people thought. Rivera wanted a team that had the ability to attack via run or pass, whichever was working better.

So far, teams have been way more effective defending against our run game than our pass attack. I attribute a lot of that to O-Line issues, and the sad truth is that may not be fixed this season.

Give it time though. And till then, if we can continue to pass like we have, we'll still be in the games.

#15 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Draft matt kalil, problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.