Photo
- - - - -

Galactica ends this week!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,544 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Wow hard to believe, but it all comes down to 2 hours Friday night. And of course I will be out of town and will have to catch up when I get back Sunday night!

I think that there is a special on about the show on SciFi tonight at 10.

And I really enjoyed last weeks episode, character flashbacks was the last thing I thought they would go with and thats one of the reasons I love this show.

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Nothing ever ends nowadays. As long as they can make money off of it, it will continue to be resurrected.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,544 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

There is a prequel series and a backstory DVD coming out....but this looks like the end of the line for this story. Larson is trying to get the original cast out of mothballs for a movie - I'll believe it when I see it. Dirk Benedict is a bit....odd these days.

#4 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

So did anyone watch it? What did you think?? Surprised??

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

One of the better episodes. Finding earth (the real one, not the fake one they found the first time :))was a surprise. The ending though went on a bit to long, kind of like Return of the King.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,544 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

A lot of threads to tie up, and IMHO they did as good a job as possible. The tie in to the song, making the Opera House the Galactica, Baltars redemption...and most importantly the fact that they did not forget Callie being airlocked, and it led to such a big moment were all very well done.

The best moment for me was with Caprica Six and Baltar waiting for the attack when Baltar finally shows some balls and dismisses himself to Caprica.

#7 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

my favorite part was how in pt 1 they reminded us all that gaius was a class traitor, something they hadn't mentioned in about a season.

when he started crying telling caprica six that he knew how to farm, that really got to me. I've always wanted to just have a farm in the mountains. on top of that he was trying to convince the woman he genuinely loved that he was still worth something even though the world he had thrived in was gone.

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,406 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

imdb.com has several links of some sites and other mags etc simply raving over BSG's greatness the last few years.

#9 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

imdb.com has several links of some sites and other mags etc simply raving over BSG's greatness the last few years.

I wouldnt go that far the past year and half they have dragged it out. They could have done alot better.

But the final was good tied everything up and threw in a little twist (happening in the past) which I liked. Would liked to seen them atleast start building each civilization that was the only thing that was a let down. The last 30 minutes waws dragged out could have been done better. But besides that I liked it.

#10 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears beets Battlestar Galactica.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,544 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:50 AM

Best quote from the series:

"I'm more of a Picon Panthers fan myself" - Adama to Anders, who played Pyramid for a team called the Buccaneers

#12 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Once they got to earth it dragged out way to long in my opinion... Thought it was the best epsiode of the past season, I did not like the last season at all, and the season before.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com