• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#106 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

I dont know how hard Gabbert has worked or what the situation was in Jax, but it seems that Cam and the team made every effort from the day he was drafted to be ready to start. Im sure Gabbert did what he could but was his whole team behind him?

Cam seems to have had a lot of preparation . . forget about natural talent as you think about this, that dude has worked his butt off and his teammates made every effort to work with him in the offseason, preseason, regular season, day and night. I hear many of them stay late with Cam to work more.

To me, there is no other explanation for what Cam's been doing on the field. Anyone can watch week 1 and 2 and see that he's gifted and has a great arm. . . putting up 400 on the champs. . that takes preparation and study along with everything else.

I dont know what Gabbert's got other than a whole lot of pressure right now. He's really going to have to man up to bring it on this stage.

As I've said before, the whole vibe surround Blaine just does not feel right.

#107 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone else get like a Jimmy Clausen vibe from Gabbert? Just seems like a California pretty boy to me. I don't know...his stats are there and he completed 50% of his passes in the preseason which is much better than I thought it was to be honest..and he has the size. But for some reason I just don't feel right about him like I feel right about Jake Locker and Dalton both eventually becoming good QB's

#108 Jagged_Up

Jagged_Up

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

This message board is pretty laughable...

People are labeling the Jaguars one of the worst franchises in the NFL, has the fans from the this franchise looked in the mirror lately? We finished 8-8 last season and off to a 1-1 start this year beating the Titans the same Titans that beat the Ravens the following week.

As far as people saying we are on the top of the list to be moved this is far from the truth as well the likes of Buffalo, Cleveland, and Miami are much more precieved than we are. Are owner has made a firm dedication to this team.

Why are people saying this game is in the bag for an 0-2 team who seems to be bragging about its defense for whatever reason even though it has gotten lit up the past two weeks. I would never say a game is in the bag even if I were a Pats fan.

Another note, many of you know nothing about Blaine Gabbert so put your carolina pather crystal ball away and automatically coming to the conclusion he is going to have a terrible game. After Mc"Klown" went out last week Gabbert went 5-6 for 53 yards against the Jets starters. I keep seeing all of you downplay our wide recievers as well, Mike Thomas is a very good wideout who can get open but just hasnt had a good arm throwing to him and if Jason Hill is ready to go he is a very capable good wideout as well.

This is going to be a good game and I will be waiting with anticipation to see who wins, hopefully the Jaguars because Im a fan, but if the Panthers do... so be it they are the better team. Im just saying dont under play our team and give "facts" that are far from the truth. Good Luck!

#109 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

People are labeling the Jaguars one of the worst franchises in the NFL, has the fans from the this franchise looked in the mirror lately? We finished 8-8 last season and off to a 1-1 start this year beating the Titans the same Titans that beat the Ravens the following week.

As far as people saying we are on the top of the list to be moved this is far from the truth as well the likes of Buffalo, Cleveland, and Miami are much more precieved than we are. Are owner has made a firm dedication to this team.

Why are people saying this game is in the bag for an 0-2 team who seems to be bragging about its defense for whatever reason even though it has gotten lit up the past two weeks. I would never say a game is in the bag even if I were a Pats fan.

Another note, many of you know nothing about Blaine Gabbert so put your carolina pather crystal ball away and automatically coming to the conclusion he is going to have a terrible game. After Mc"Klown" went out last week Gabbert went 5-6 for 53 yards against the Jets starters. I keep seeing all of you downplay our wide recievers as well, Mike Thomas is a very good wideout who can get open but just hasnt had a good arm throwing to him and if Jason Hill is ready to go he is a very capable good wideout as well.

This is going to be a good game and I will be waiting with anticipation to see who wins, hopefully the Jaguars because Im a fan, but if the Panthers do... so be it they are the better team. Im just saying dont under play our team and give "facts" that are far from the truth. Good Luck!

I agree that no matter who you play, or who you are for that matter, that the game shouldn't be downplayed and put in the W column on a Wednesday. I do think its a more balanced game than everyone is suggesting. Any given Sunday.

I do look forward to seeing how Gabbert plays this Sunday.

I'm also wanting to see how the Panthers defense responds to the multitude of injuries.

#110 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

I don't think anyone's bragging about our D. Most people here are concerned with us stopping your run game.

However, I will say some of our members are underestimating you guys because you are starting a rookie QB. I'm not, but I think we can beat ya'll. I also think 5/6 and 53 yards is meaningless when the game is completely out of winning chance for your rookie. He had little pressure. He wasn't expected to win.

We put Clausen in there last year late and he performed quite well, WITH the pressure of still trying to win the game. Many people took that as a sign that he would be better than Moore and were happy to see him start.

Well it turns out a cameo appearance and completing a few passes in the 4th quarter is NOTHING like starting in your first NFL game. His first real half ended with a 0.0 passer rating. And it didn't get much prettier from there.

So just saying.....5/6 means nothing compared to the pressure your rookie will face in his first real NFL start, competing against another star rookie that's already made headlines.

He's not going to come out looking very good if he doesn't perform well for you guys next week. The media will murder him and the Cam Newton comparisons will not cease. I feel Cam's ready. Is your Gabbert?

#111 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Panthers are a better team.
Panthers are a much more valuable franchise.
Panthers have a state of the art stadium.
Charlotte is a better city.
Our women are much hotter.
Charlotte isn't as Ghetto as Crapsonville.
Our standard of living is higher.
My mom's spaghetti tastes better than your moms.

#112 Jagged_Up

Jagged_Up

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

I don't think anyone's bragging about our D. Most people here are concerned with us stopping your run game.

However, I will say some of our members are underestimating you guys because you are starting a rookie QB. I'm not, but I think we can beat ya'll. I also think 5/6 and 53 yards is meaningless when the game is completely out of winning chance for your rookie. He had little pressure. He wasn't expected to win.

We put Clausen in there last year late and he performed quite well, WITH the pressure of still trying to win the game. Many people took that as a sign that he would be better than Moore and were happy to see him start.

Well it turns out a cameo appearance and completing a few passes in the 4th quarter is NOTHING like starting in your first NFL game. His first real half ended with a 0.0 passer rating. And it didn't get much prettier from there.

So just saying.....5/6 means nothing compared to the pressure your rookie will face in his first real NFL start, competing against another star rookie that's already made headlines.

He's not going to come out looking very good if he doesn't perform well for you guys next week. The media will murder him and the Cam Newton comparisons will not cease. I feel Cam's ready. Is your Gabbert?

Only time will tell... From the press conferences hes given he seems confident and he wants to lead the team which gives me a glimmer or hope... But game day will show me all I need to know. Im not making any big predicitions either way, his play will do the talking for him and the team. Where Gabbert goes this team goes

#113 Jagged_Up

Jagged_Up

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

You should change your name to Mr.Subjectivity Is what I base my logic on... A lot more fitting

#114 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Only time will tell... From the press conferences hes given he seems confident and he wants to lead the team which gives me a glimmer or hope... But game day will show me all I need to know. Im not making any big predicitions either way, his play will do the talking for him and the team. Where Gabbert goes this team goes

For your team's sake and chances I hope you are right. Because I think Clausen's biggest problem was pressure and lack of leadership. It was the psychological pressure that was the biggest problem.

I feel you guys are kind of dealing with the same type of issues right now. It disrupts a team to the core.

Our team is united and believe in Cam. Not only do they believe in Cam, it was actually Cam that got them to believe in him. It really does remain to be seen if your boy can be this type of leader, day 1, as a rookie. You just don't see what Cam's done very often. You don't see a team give the type of respect to a rookie QB as if he was a veteran like our guys are giving Cam.

#115 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

The Panthers weren't better last season and aren't as of today. 0-2 vs 1-1. Carolina should have won the Arizona game. But as if right now we are one of the few teams with 0 wins.

#116 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

It just occurred to me...

This is fear. Fear of the 800 yard tidal wave about to crash in on Del Rio's sinking ship.

It's the same kind of desparation that Fox had starting Jimmy Jam.

Oh... Sunday is going to be fun.

#117 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

I'm telling you..this Jacksonville team is playing out just like our team last year...Draft a QB...have to start him...not exactly a win/win because the offense isn't very high powered and depends on him..he fails...Del Rio is on a short leash and is hung out to dry...team gets high pick and drafts an Andrew Luck or Kellen Moore next year.

I don't like making long term predictions but I think this game will play out the rest of Jax's season

#118 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

I'm telling you..this Jacksonville team is playing out just like our team last year...Draft a QB...have to start him...not exactly a win/win because the offense isn't very high powered and depends on him..he fails...Del Rio is on a short leash and is hung out to dry...team gets high pick and drafts an Andrew Luck or Kellen Moore next year.

I don't like making long term predictions but I think this game will play out the rest of Jax's season

I'll take Luck. No thanks on Moore. As of right now I'd take Barkley next.

#119 Shotgun

Shotgun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

I'll take Luck. No thanks on Moore. As of right now I'd take Barkley next.

The jags will get one of em.

#120 ammofan

ammofan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

He's gonna look BAD compared to Cameron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com