Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

According to NFL.com we are the best 0-2 team.

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

aside from the Vikings. No surprise there but the best part is they have us ranked ahead of the Jaguars who are at 1-1. Again not surprising but very amusing.

"Cam Newton is only the sixth quarterback to throw for over 400 yards in back-to-back games. Don't get too excited, as one of those guys was Billy Volek. What is worth getting excited about is that Newton is ready for the big boys. The dude just doesn't seem impressed by the NFL. While that's a big plus for Panthers fans, the defense could really use Jon Beason. Give Carolina credit -- it hung in with the Super Bowl champs, but Ron Rivera's guys have to be able to stop somebody. They allowed the Pack a staggering 8.1 yards per play after allowing 7.3 to the Cardinals."

:cam:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82269d71/article/lions-keep-climbing-after-impressive-start-to-season?module=HP11_hot_topics

Posted · Report post

Pretty obvious we're close to being a very good team. Just need to be more disciplined and clean up the RZ and run D. This team is playing far better than I expected at this point.

Posted · Report post

That's like being the best masturbator. You never win but you're REALLY good at it.

Posted · Report post

.. But still 0-2

Posted · Report post

That's like being the best masturbator. You never win but you're REALLY good at it.
I know. :( I just found it a little humorous that we were rated higher than the Jaguars and they have the better record.

Posted · Report post

.. But still 0-2

Thank you Captain Obvious, too bad that wasn't in the title or anything.

Posted · Report post

Not really the kind of distinction you want :(

Posted · Report post

Pretty obvious we're close to being a very good team. Just need to be more disciplined and clean up the RZ and run D. This team is playing far better than I expected at this point.

I would add tightening up against the "Big" TD play

We have given up the following in the first two games of the season:

80+ yard punt return for TD

80+ yard Pass TD from Kolb to Doucet

30+ yard Pass TD from Kolb to King (granted Beason blew his achilles)

40+ yard Pass TD from Rodgers to Jennings

80+ yard Pass TD from Rodgers to Nelson

Some huge scoring plays given up by our Defense and ST

Posted · Report post

.. But still 0-2

People keep saying this like we've been blown out in our losses and had the worst games in all the league.

I think some of us are so used to the losses that we couldn't possibly fathom a win.

Posted · Report post

I would add tightening up against the "Big" TD play

We have given up the following in the first two games of the season:

80+ yard punt return for TD

80+ yard Pass TD from Kolb to Doucet

30+ yard Pass TD from Kolb to King (granted Beason blew his achilles)

40+ yard Pass TD from Rodgers to Jennings

80+ yard Pass TD from Rodgers to Nelson

Some huge scoring plays given up by our Defense and ST

Could have condensed a lot of that by just saying, kill Pugh. However, that's where the discipline comes in.

Posted · Report post

Could have condensed a lot of that by just saying, kill Pugh. However, that's where the discipline comes in.
We don't need to kill him. Just tell him for every blown coverage he needs to buy Otah Bojangles.

Posted · Report post

It's just pretty garbage to think that were the best team of a the worst category. Just stating that it's not something a franchise should be praised, happy, or excited about. I am excited for each and every week because were a very competitive team, but not excited about starting the season with losses.