Photo
- - - - -

Simple way to stop Jaguars run game and MJD.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

We can pray for our defense to step up and stop the run game, but chances are they will still get worn out over the course of the game anyway. And I don't expect our D to win us too many turn overs if they are successful in running the game and Gabbert becomes a game managing QB.

So our best chance to win this, barring some exceptional improvement on defense, is if Gabbert airs it out. How do we make sure this happens even if it's not their game plan?

Simple: Score first and stay ahead. Start the game EXACTLY like we did against GB. We go up early and stay ahead.....Jag's running game is going to have to take a back seat. It puts Gabbert in a position to have to throw more and catch up. That gives our D a chance for picks and chances for their rookie to make mistakes. It's what other teams have been doing to us for years in order to beat us. Now we're in a position to return the favor.

Our D may not be able to stop their running game, but we can strategically take it away from them using our offense early in the game.

If they win the coin flip, then that's really the only time our D really needs to help us out and stop that run. Early in the game. Before they're out of breath.

#2 SteveSmith89

SteveSmith89

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

I'm new here so excuse my ignorance, but why the hell do you start so many threads?

#3 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

I'm new here so excuse my ignorance, but why the hell do you start so many threads?

he wants to brainwash people to think like him.

#4 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

tackling would be nice

#5 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

bahahahahah

TRD undercover

#6 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Because I have more than 100 posts.

PS: If you're new here, how do you know how many posts I start? I think he is TRD.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 21 September 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#7 SteveSmith89

SteveSmith89

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Thanks!

#8 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,737 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

bahahahahah

TRD undercover

:biggrin5:

#9 pawsandclaws

pawsandclaws

Speaker of the House

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Simple plan but not so easy to execute. That's like saying to get to the moon you need to get in a rocket and go very fast.

#10 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

We can pray for our defense to step up and stop the run game, but chances are they will still get worn out over the course of the game anyway. And I don't expect our D to win us too many turn overs if they are successful in running the game and Gabbert becomes a game managing QB.

So our best chance to win this, barring some exceptional improvement on defense, is if Gabbert airs it out. How do we make sure this happens even if it's not their game plan?

Simple: Score first and stay ahead. Start the game EXACTLY like we did against GB. We go up early and stay ahead.....Jag's running game is going to have to take a back seat. It puts Gabbert in a position to have to throw more and catch up. That gives our D a chance for picks and chances for their rookie to make mistakes. It's what other teams have been doing to us for years in order to beat us. Now we're in a position to return the favor.

Our D may not be able to stop their running game, but we can strategically take it away from them using our offense early in the game.

If they win the coin flip, then that's really the only time our D really needs to help us out and stop that run. Early in the game. Before they're out of breath.

jacksonville's goal should be to attack the defense and wear it out.

they will not get into a shootout.

they didn't do it with the jets when they were down, and they won't do it with carolina.

#11 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

jacksonville's goal should be to attack the defense and wear it out.

they will not get into a shootout.

they didn't do it with the jets when they were down, and they won't do it with carolina.

Which is why they lost 32-3. Something tells me that wasn't their plan though. That had more to do with that 1.8 QB passing rating which is why they are starting Gabbert.

If they want to keep running the ball when they're down two scores.......be my guest.

#12 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

If we get up early on Jax like we did GB and keep them scoreless in the 1st quarter, it will be very hard for that offense to bounce back like Rodgers led GB back. That's why I don't see this game being a problem...if we can play early like we did against the Pack why can't we do it against any team in the league?

#13 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

Simple plan but not so easy to execute. That's like saying to get to the moon you need to get in a rocket and go very fast.

Sure, I didn't say it would be easy....unless we just go ahead and win the coin toss.

In that case it doesn't get any easier that Cam versus one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL.

#14 setzer2030

setzer2030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

Good to know you're cool with Jax scoring on every drive except the first one.

#15 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

Which is why they lost 32-3. Something tells me that wasn't their plan though. That had more to do with that 1.8 QB passing rating which is why they are starting Gabbert.

If they want to keep running the ball when they're down two scores.......be my guest.

the problem is the jets have a much better defense than carolina...and they still couldn't keep mjd from producing 100 yards of offense.

they aren't going to put the game on the back of a rookie.

it'll be the defense and the run game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.