Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandt: "Newton is the most impressive rookie QB I've seen come into the league"

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Gil Brandt is very knowledgable and insightful, but god almighty have any of you tried to listen to him on Sirius NFL Radio? He sounds awful

This is actually how he would have said it: Cam uuuhhhh Newton is uhhhh.... He's a big quarterback with uuhhhh strong arm.... is what he is.... and uuhhhh probably the most talented uuuhhhhhh rookie I've seen since I uhh scouted a small town prospect in 1952 who worked his summers out on his uncle's hog farm and could uuuuhhhhh throw a football 80 yards and uhhh hit a fence post 6 inches wide dead on....is what he could do.... now he had a couple of good years in a junior college but went on to uuhhhhh...... What were we talking about?

It's suicide worthy stuff.

Posted

I think Gil Brandt is very knowledgable and insightful, but god almighty have any of you tried to listen to him on Sirius NFL Radio? He sounds awful

It's suicide worthy stuff.

Want real torture? Imagine Brandt & Lou Holtz together as analysts.

Worse than waterboarding.

Posted

That must be what hell would be like. :frown2:

Posted

We are gonna need a convoy of bandwagons by week 8 or so.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've scouted thousands of rookie QBs after they throw for 900 yards in their first 2 weeks and DERP HERP DERP

Posted

Met Gil they day he was at training camp doing his Sirius show, nice guy who knows a thing or two about football!

Posted

I don't know if I have ever heard Brandt, but God, Lou Holtz makes me hit mute or change the channel as fast as humanly possible. It's like just spit or swallow man. Or just quit being on TV. You are too old for that.

Posted

:cam:

Posted

We are gonna need a convoy of bandwagons by week 8 or so.

Forget week 8, if the Panthers can manage to string 3 strong wins together before then, they might be allowed to run the country.:party:

Posted

0-2 I remember another QB we had that threw up big numbers wonder what happened to him??