Photo
- - - - -

Panthers vs. Jaguars Analysis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

And I know its 2 games, lots of injuries, and not as much talent but I don't know if Sean McDermott is the right D coordinator for us.

Things might change in the future but I think the guy was never good enough to be anything but a Defensive assistant.

imo, there was more promise with meeks as dc.

#17 bauss

bauss

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

I'm not really sure I understand your reasoning on saying the pass wasn't effective in week 2 against the jags. I mean nearly 71 percent completions with over 10 yards per attempt. That's brady like. The reason the total yards seems low is because of the pedestrian amount of attempts and field position.

#18 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

And I know its 2 games, lots of injuries, and not as much talent but I don't know if Sean McDermott is the right D coordinator for us.

Things might change in the future but I think the guy was never good enough to be anything but a Defensive assistant.

McDermott's D here has played pretty sound football for probably 95% of the snaps. The D is giving up random huge plays for TDs generated by clear errors by individuals.....I don't think that points to his scheme being bad (plus, this is Ron Rivera's D....Ron made that known from the jump).

Edited by CRA, 22 September 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#19 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Besides the OL we really need to focus completely on Defense in the draft and in Free agency next year.

I completely agree.

Other than OL (C is good)

we have holes at:

DL (DT, DE depth)
LB (TD is done, Beason is not likely to ever be the same)
CB (We could certainly use a young future star CB)
S (Depth especially but an upgrade would be great)

Luckily the team isn't so weak our picks will be forced into being need based. We will get BPA a lot.

#20 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

Jags remind me of how we were last year. Garrard got Delhommed, McCown got Moored, and now Gabbert about to get Clausened..should be fun.

Classic...

#21 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

MJD scares me. he always makes the 1st guy miss, plus he will drag a couple of guys with him. like last week game plan was to stop the back shoulder fade, this week should be to get after Gabbert and gang tackling MJD.