Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So do you think next year we will..

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

..get a Monday or Sunday night game?

I realize we went 2-14, but come on..

Posted · Report post

We'll get one this year. Flexed, so long as we win enough to be in the race.

Posted · Report post

The Panthers moved up 2 spots in ESPN's Power Rankings @ 0-2.....we will get AT LEAST one Monday Nighter just on the name 'Cam' :cool:

Posted · Report post

We are an exciting team to watch right now as long as we can keep it together. No doubt we will get a prime timer

Posted · Report post

If Cam keeps improving,I think we get one of each next year no matter what our record is this year. The networks are all bout ratings and he has been hyped so much so far that they would be crazy not to put him on at some point.

Also as Kral said, if the Panthers some how are in the mix for a playoff spot we will get one of our games moved to Sun night this season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kyle82']The Panthers moved up 2 spots in ESPN's Power Rankings @ 0-2.....we will get AT LEAST one Monday Nighter just on the name 'Cam' :cool:[/QUOTE]

This.

Posted · Report post

Cam is bringing us all kinds of publicity. As long as Cam is doing well, you can bet Espn and other media outlets will be riding his nuts. we might get Sunday night games this year w/Cam tearing the league up.

Posted · Report post

I'm hoping to get one flex game this year... Ratings for Panther games so far have been too good for them not to get some kind of Prime Time appearance next year!

Posted · Report post

i think they will fire Hank Williams Jr. and Faith Hill and just have Cam freestyle rap the opening for both Monday and Sun night.

Posted · Report post

At least 2 prime time games next year, and at least one home game. Who cares whether Sunday night or Monday night?

We will play the NFC East again next year, so I think a Newton/ Vick matchup would be appealing to TV execs.

We also play the AFC West, so a matchup vs. Fox is possible. Be cool to see him have to come back and get a beat down by the offensive juggarnaunt hopefully we will be next year after his years of Foxball.

I also think a division game is possible depending on how we finish this year.

Posted · Report post

cam is bringing publicity...but winning is the only thing that's gonna bring prime time.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA']i think they will fire Hank Williams Jr. and Faith Hill and just have Cam freestyle rap the opening for both Monday and Sun night.[/QUOTE]

dibs on all of Faith's shoes

Posted · Report post

Definitely

Posted · Report post

[quote name='boo7382']dibs on all of Faith's shoes[/QUOTE]

dibs on faith :ihih:

Posted · Report post

Thanksgiving Day battle vs. the Cowboys or Detroit would be awesome...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kral']We'll get one this year. Flexed, so long as we win enough to be in the race.[/QUOTE]

IMHO these are the only 2 weeks they would Flex out -

Week 12 Sunday, November 27 8:20 p.m. Pittsburgh Steelers Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium

or

Week 13 Sunday, December 4 8:20 p.m. Indianapolis Colts New England Patriots Gillette Stadium

That being based on the Chiefs and Colts - if they don't get it together.

But during Week 12 - we play the Colts, so that ain't happening (again based on today.) So Week 13 is our chance IMHO - Panthers @ Bucs, if we are both in the mix for the division, I could see this one happening, they could tout the clash of the 2 newest QB's of the NFC South.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I see many Sunday and Monday nights in our future.

Posted · Report post

Or Week 17, we play the Saints - that is if the game meant something.

Posted · Report post

As for a flex game this year. The flex weeks are week 11-17. I was looking @ the sched and I only see 1 week where they would make a change and put us on. That is IF we are in the playoff hunt.

Looking @ it week by week:

Week 11: Phi @ Giants... no way they pull this game with the following these 2 teams have plus they are in large markets. Also it's a rivalry game.

Week 12: Pitt @ KC This is a possiblility as KC is garbage but we play the Manningless Colts and they may be worse than KC.

Week 13: Ind @ NE This might be our best chance. This game should be a blowout. NBC might look to put our game with the Bucs @ TB on if both teams are in the hunt for the NFCS title.

Week 14: Giants @ Cowboys No way NBC will move this game as it would piss off Jerry and you don't want to piss off Jerry. Although this would be a good game for us against Atl @ BOA

Week 15: Balt @ SD both teams look to be strong and this might be a preview of the AFC championship game.

Week 16: Chi @ GB another rivalry game against 2 popular teams. Also rivalry game that will draw well. Scheduling might be a problem because this game in on Christmas day and all the others are going to be played on Christmas eve. Don't see them moving this one.

Week 17: No Sunday night game as they all play @ either 1 PM or 4PM

So as I see it the best chance would be Week 13. But you never know what the network boys are thinking.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='edward teach:3336941']Thanksgiving Day battle vs. the Cowboys or Detroit would be awesome...[/QUOTE]

Beating down the Cowboys while consuming mass quantities would be awesome.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think we get at least one game on Monday night next year. If teams continues to improve and Cam looks good: perhaps two games next year. Doubt we see a Sunday night game till we prove we are a contender

Posted · Report post

Should get one Monday Night football, maybe a sunday nighter as well

Posted · Report post

[quote name='holderoftruth']Should get one Monday Night football, maybe a sunday nighter as well[/QUOTE]

We've been on Thursdays on NFL Network as well.

Posted · Report post

we'll have a couple games flexed this year, imo.

going forward we could probably count on more than a couple prime time games.

the hype newton is getting will assure that. if we can be competitive and win, we should easily see a couple MNF a year as well as the occasional sunday night games.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

if cam f*cks up my 1pm sunday afternoon football .......I'm gonna be pissed.