Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Documentaries

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Man on wire was great.

Posted

The Fog of War is the best military documentary I've seen.

Posted

Grizzly Man - It's about a guy who pretty much treated Grizzly Bears like they were dogs before he was eventually eaten by one. Some of the stuff he did was absolutely amazing though. It's probably one of my favorites just because of the beautiful shots of the bears he gets, but then when you start diving into his psyche it gets even better.

Fat Head - This is a documentary making fun of Morgan Spurlock's Super Size Me. Since anyone with a brain knows that Spurlock skewed his results to fit his agenda the guy in Fat Head decides that he's going to eat at McDonalds for 30 days and LOSE weight. He makes Morgan Spurlock look like an ass and even makes some good points about nutrition. I'm pretty sure its on Netflix instant too.

My Brother's Keeper - It's about a group of brothers who live in extreme poverty on their family farm in New York. No one really pays them much mind because they're extremely illiterate and pretty much live in a world 100 years behind the rest of us, but then one of them falls under suspicion for murder.

Talhotblonde - It's about an internet love triangle involving a full grown man, one of his coworkers, a 17 year old girl, and the gaming site pogo. It doesn't sound too interesting but it's damn good. You can probably guess all of the twists but in the end the entire situation is so fuged up that you can't believe it really happened.

Posted

Ill second My Brothers Keeper. Solid film.

Haven't seen Talhotblonde but it reminded me of another one. Catfish, also about an online relationship.

Posted

Tallhotblonde sounds like something Gritsy would come up with.

Grizzly Man was really cool until the end. We were snow stranded at a buddy's cabin and watched it........twice.

Posted

The cove, fog of war, little dieter needs to fly, mr death, the thin blue line, waltz with bashir, I'm trying to break your heart, hearts of darkness.

/off the top of my head.

Posted

Haven't seen Talhotblonde but it reminded me of another one. Catfish, also about an online relationship.

catfish was surprisingly good.

Posted

Ken Burns on the Civil War is the best ever.

Posted

His baseball documentary isn't bad either.

Posted

everything he does is the best ever.

i thought The War was amazing.

Posted

Planet Earth

Posted

I've seen Catfish and I'm like 80% sure it was fake. It was still good but since the creators of that movie have now made Paranormal Activity 3, I doubt it was a legit documentary. Talhotblonde however was real. The tall hot blonde was from Oak Hill W.V. and I know a few people who knew her irl.