Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EMSMedic79

Aaron Curry

208 posts in this topic

Well, it would be nice if we could give them jimmy for curry and late draft pick

milquetoast? Whats that? Mexican milk toast?

If he gets cut make a strong, competitive offer, but even as much flack as Claussen has taken he (Jimmy) has worlds more trade value than Curry.

I have to disagree. Curry still has far more potential to turn the corner and be a good pro than Jimmy at this point. I'd be plenty pleased if we could get him for a 4th or later. Jimmy would be lucky to net a 6th.

Curry hasn't exactly had the benefit of the most stable and skilled coaching available. Bring him here, give the man a shot.

Not sure how legit this guy is, but...

ALLsportsINTEL Rich Smith

Aaron Curry trade update - I reported last night Carolina Panthers made an offer to the Seahawks, offer reportedly a conditional 6th rd pick

what's the difference between a conditional pick and just giving it to them?

what's the difference between a conditional pick and just giving it to them?

Conditional based on some sort of playing time, stats etc. For example, a condition it could be a 6th round pick that can upgrade to a 5th round pick if the player in question plays 60% of the team's total snaps. That kind of thing.

Get him on board. Carolina breeds linebackers

Potential Perennial Pro-bowl linebacker meets perennial pro-bowl linebacker producing team for a 6th round pick? I like it.

Get it done hurney! I really think he could revive his career here if given proper coaching and development.

I stated earlier about this topic that I think we should wait and address the LB situation in next year's Free Agency or Draft. But if we are offering a 6th rnd pick for him I think it will be a good deal for us. Give something little to possibly get a productive player if he can turn it around here

I have to disagree. Curry still has far more potential to turn the corner and be a good pro than Jimmy at this point. I'd be plenty pleased if we could get him for a 4th or later. Jimmy would be lucky to net a 6th.

then we agree to disagree. this is a QB driven league, only one qb on the field vs. 3+ LB's = diluted LB value. Jimmy got thrown to the wolves, has plenty of physical/mental tools, is young and a change of scenery could do wonders.

Don't get me wrong, Curry could be a value pick up but there are a dozen LB's out there looking for jobs. Conditional 6th rounder is a gift.